CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #21
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Living Out of a hotel for 3 Months. Limited equipment and food options. Any Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Sookdeo View Post
I started looking into the area affiliates. Turns out My company is paying for my travel back home every weekend so I can still keep up with the oly lifts/heavy bag etc. the 2 days a week I am home .
This past week I have lot of searching through crossfits videos and some of the sites recommended by forum members such as rosstraining.com as well as beastskills.com as well as the info Sarena sent, thaks again. I have been Incorporating a mix of all of these tips and have been able to give myself a great deal of variety with the minimal equipment. I found out no one goes to the hotels tiny"fitness room" at 5:30 am and its also open 24 hours. So the med balls and dumbbells are all mine for at least an hour. I also ordered Never Gymless from ross training Once I started looking though some of his videos I decided the book was very much needed. waiting on the doorway pullup bar ( i need to measure the doorway it seems wider than 32"). But the Bathroom door in my hotel room has been sufficing for pullups. I picked up a heavy duty duffel bag from an army/navy store for $ 20 so. The sand bag will be done this week.

In the past week I worked up to doing headstands and holding them for about 12 seconds. ohh yeah. from my last weigh in about 4 weeks ago at 210, I am now down to 200 and I need to poke another hole in my belt. Thanks all for the help. With the variety and amount of new things I have been able do this week I am positive I can continue to progress even while away from home.
As the saying goes: When there is a will, there is a way! You are just damn living proof! Awesome and keep up the positivity. Very inspiring!!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #22
Nick Papapetrou

Profile:
Re: Living Out of a hotel for 3 Months. Limited equipment and food options. Any Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Fuller View Post
Eva T had some bodyweight workouts too, but I forget where they are -- a search can probably find them.
Go to www.skievat.com and click on her blog and she posts NEN workout. No Equipment necessary. This should get you started.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #23
Alex J. Perez

Profile:

Necessity is the mother of all invention. Use what was presented here, stick to the basics, and you'll definitately come up with improvs that work. Just keep your momentum going, and dont ever use ignorance as a reason to not train. (not that i think you will). Use an outdoor door frame to do pull ups. I remember being in a public gym and all the pull-up bars were attached to the cable machines, and all the cable machines were being used. I jumped up on the steel I-beams that supported the second level and used that for Pull-ups.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #24
Aaron Trent

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex J. Perez View Post
I jumped up on the steel I-beams that supported the second level and used that for Pull-ups.
I get yelled at or looked at in a funny manner for doing that at least twice a month.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #25
Alex J. Perez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Trent View Post
I get yelled at or looked at in a funny manner for doing that at least twice a month.
its so funny, when people look at you mystified..."oh my god, how is he doing that"
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #26
Aaron Trent

Profile:

Quote:
its so funny, when people look at you mystified..."oh my god, how is he doing that"
I just flare out my lats, tell them I was raised by flying squirells, and glide away!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #27
Alex J. Perez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Trent View Post
I just flare out my lats, tell them I was raised by flying squirells, and glide away!
"Well, if you must know....well theres no easy way to say this so ill just whisper to you....I'm Michael Keaton, not to be confused with Batman."

And then they just nod like it makes sense...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #28
John Seiler

Profile:

Quote:
I jumped up on the steel I-beams that supported the second level and used that for Pull-ups.
My favorite are dumas' that look at you like it's bad for the beam. Sure, Jack; it can support the ceiling but my pullups are going to bring it crashing down...
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
Alex J. Perez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Seiler View Post
My favorite are dumas' that look at you like it's bad for the beam. Sure, Jack; it can support the ceiling but my pullups are going to bring it crashing down...
ha, I wish I had someone tell me that.

But its great making them all nervous about you. I turn it into a jungle gym for me because thats what a real gym in my eyes is. I have to improv, doing muscle-ups on the pull up bar because there is no rings. Doing sprint starts for only 20meters because thats all the room there is. Doing heavy bag sit ups---that gets people wierded out. I hate when I work out in public gyms.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #30
Karin Jonczak

Profile:

I can only imagine what folks at the Globo-gym were thinking when I did my version of HSPU's with my feet on a chair in--between doing the DL's.

And their PU bar sucks you know what

So glad to be back to my 'home' gym (though I do miss the boyfriend)