CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
Robert Wolf

Profile:
I'm with Jeremy...RUN!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
Clay Jones

Profile:

I had e-stim administered when I ruptured/damaged my disk at L5/S1 some years back--I noticed no improvement. Ice was more effective. It did tingle, though.

Of course, sample size of 1, yadda yadda yadda.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
Brendan Melville

Profile:
My mom injured her back about ten years ago, and was in such pain at one point that she could not function (sit, stand, walk) without using a TENS unit. It sounds like it differs from person to person, but her pain was definitely real, and from what I could see, the thing definitely worked.

If I ever see a roach, back pack or no back pack, I'm killing it. Sorry Mr. Shimoyama.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #14
Mathew F. Bunch

Profile:
my chiropractor hooked one of those things up when i got my neck cranked so bad i couldn't hold my arm up-slightly herniated disc, but i'm much better now. at any rate, not only did he crack my neck pretty good, he hooked this thing up to my neck and back and charged me $70 more for it, and IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!! i still couldn't lift my arm after several visits and a huge credit card bill later, so i went to my brigade surgeon who gave me some anti-inflammatories and told me to rest (aha!) and to never go back to that chiropractor again. neck was better in about a week-still took about four months to get the strength in my arm back-nerve damage and all. . .
Old 01-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
Ted Williams

Profile:
How do these compare to the ultrasound that's used for physical therapy? I've had both the ultrasound and "shock treatment" as I use to call it, for jaw problems.

I had surgery on my jaw in college, and the lovely Kaiser Dr. "forgot" to tell me (or schedule) physical therapy...which meant my surgery didn't work...I finally got into the physical therapy after some months of trying to figure out what happened...I don't know what exactly helped my jaw, because they used ultrasound and stretch/strength isometric excersises on me...then I started yoga at the same time. I stopped slouching and my jaw got better. Hmm

Long way to go for asking if ultrasound works...errr