CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
Dean Bozzano

Profile:
How not to mount your pull-up bar

It is only a 10 second video but I have to admit, slapstick still cracks me up... must have been too many road runner cartoons s a kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4yWOsknAfM
Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Re: How not to mount your pull-up bar

There are more pull-up bar bloopers than I thought there'd be on YouTube, heh...

Unrelated plug:

Dean, I'll extend this invite your way in case you're interested in getting some people together for a WOD somewhere in the Phoenix area. It's not scheduled or anything yet, but I'll always be open to the idea if we can get enough interest.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33104 (w/f/s)
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Dean Bozzano

Profile:

Thanks Elliot, we are busy getting our own gym off the ground as well. We were approved for affiliation last week and are located in downtown Tempe. We are not a warehouse gym, as we are in a retail location with some very different high tech equipment as well as barbells, dumbbells and kettlebells. CF Southwest is the real deal for warehouse gym and Ken is a great and very knowledgeable guy. I have visited them and they have a very cool area for lifting and doing WODs. We will be appealing to those looking for a less raw experience but yet a similar routine and methodology. We are scouting West side locations right now as well for a more traditional lite-industrial CrossFit gym. Fell free to stop on by any time.

Here is a link to a picture but we have a whole bunch more equipment still on order as well as pull-up bars and rings...

http://216.197.111.209/UltraFitSyste...itTempe010.JPG
Old 06-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Happened to me a couple times - fortunately I was fairly straight under the bar each time so I didn't fall on my back. Happened once with dips, too, so I guess the bar would have crashed right about on my head.

There was also that handstand-against-the-door-that-didn't-stay-closed thing that would have been pretty funny if I'd gotten it on video.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

Damn, Dean, that's some fancy stuff you got there... is there any floorspace?

I have some family who just visited Ken @ Southwest; they may take to it if their budget allows. I have yet to visit an affiliate myself, namely because I've spent too much on my home gym to warrant a membership elsewhere, but hopefully before I leave in October I'll have a chance to stop by Southwest, Phoenix, and Rayne Gray's place (I forget where it is exactly now) at the very least.

It's encouraging that there are more and more certified places popping up around the valley.

I just think it'd be cool if we could get as many local CrossFitters as we could together for a big WOD somewhere/sometime, outside of the realm of gym memberships, dues, etc. Kind of a BYO[Equipment] thing. Guess I can dream...

Good luck on getting running, I'd be happy to add you guys to the "must visit by October" list if you're all set up by then