CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Jerol Roberts

Profile:
Re: Lower Back issue

any progress? im having a very similar issue
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
Josh Bailey

Profile:

Dude
Here is a quick summary of what you just did...

You: Hey guys I have a problem and want some advice.
CrossFit Message Board: That sounds like a problem and you should go see a Chiropractor.
You: Last time I went to see a Chiropractor it worked. I am making an appointment now.
then....

You: Hey guys, blah, blah, blah, (insert irrelevant math here) I have the same problem. What should I do?

Me: Did you even go to the Chiropractor?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
Jerol Roberts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bailey View Post
Dude
Here is a quick summary of what you just did...

You: Hey guys I have a problem and want some advice.
CrossFit Message Board: That sounds like a problem and you should go see a Chiropractor.
You: Last time I went to see a Chiropractor it worked. I am making an appointment now.
then....

You: Hey guys, blah, blah, blah, (insert irrelevant math here) I have the same problem. What should I do?

Me: Did you even go to the Chiropractor?

not sure what all this even means but I asked if he has had any progress because its been a week since he posted and ive also been to the chiro and had some minor relief. but you must be pretty bored to type all that up when its really just a smart a** comment that's not going to benefit anybody actually seeking some HELPFUL advice.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Josh Bailey

Profile:

Wow Jerol, looks like you got upset about my correctly labeled smart *** post that wasn't directed at you. I hope you find some relief my man. Best.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Steve Wolfe

Profile:

Alrighty then...thanks Josh for your input. Since I asked for advice, recommendations & thoughts to which you have only provided a script recalling such points, I'll now provide Jerol with an update.

On 12/5 after suggestions from other members, I stated I was making a chiro appt, which I went to a session that day. Followed by 2 more sessions before I worked out again on 12/10. On 12/10 I noticed the quick tightness in the same area. Didn't workout again until 12/16 after 2 more chiro sessions. Took aleve a couple times a day and iced area right before bed.

Fast forward to 12/16 and decided I was going to try class again. Results....

Power clean
Front squat
Push Press
Hanging squat clean
Split Jerk
*I kept the weight low so as not to inflame anything and felt great throughout.

WOD: 10 rounds with 20 min time limit

10 Wall balls (20lb)
10 Burpees
*Every 2 minutes carry 45lb plate 200', then resume where you left off. Final time: 17:30

Again, I took aleve 2x a day followed by ice at night and then last night, 12/18.

EMOTM: 80 meter sprints x 8

WOD: 20 min AMRAP
-5 Thrusters
-7 Hang Power Cleans
-10 SDHP
*85 lbs

Felt great throughout the WOD. Took aleve and iced before bed and have no issues today.

Hope this helps Jerol! It (chiro, aleve, ice, lighter weight) has been working for me! Thanks goes to you Josh for being the resident smart a$$!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
Josh Bailey

Profile:

Steve,
I am glad you took action. That was my point. Sometimes on the forum here and in real life, people ask for advice, get great advice, and then continue to waller in their pathetic situations without taking action and wonder why later on they have the exact same results. I'm sure you are familiar. Not to say you are like that, just maybe you know someone who is. Again, I commend you for taking action here. It sounds like you got some relief and I am genuinely happy you did.
In the end those of us who do respond (and there are some marvelously educated people here) to comments on the forum, just want to help. If I pulled the "smart ***" card on you, it's only because I was trying to motivate you to take action. It is just one way and it usually works on me, so I gave it a shot. If I sacrifice a little face, maybe someone thinks I am an *******, but you took action, then I am okay with that. It doesn't work for everyone.
I've revealed my secrets of motivation at this point. Hopefully, no one else in the future, who is affected by a smart *** comment of mine, will look back and see that I was just trying to motivate them, and then after seeing behind the curtain, not believe in Santa anymore.

Best in Health,
Josh
Old 12-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
Steve Wolfe

Profile:

Ahh gotcha. Point well taken.