CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Does Crossfit Really Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sigel View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear - Our intended market is the affiliate owners and their employees - NOT individual gym members such as yourself.
OK. Well, that's not how I interpreted either of your two earlier statements, which were:

Quote:
The idea is that individual CF affilliates and their families/members could get better deals on their cellphone service.
Quote:
So, what we want to talk about with CF HQ about is offering this to their affiliates/members.
As soon as you say "members," I think "people who are members of the gym," such as myself.

Employees and owners aren't members of the gym. They are employees and owners; i.e. affiliates.

I guess good luck, but personally (were I HQ) I wouldn't have any interest in this whatsoever. HQ has a history of being focused on helping the box owners be better box owners and growing CF as a program and as a sport. I doubt that they would consider your offering to be in alignment with any of that. I certainly wouldn't.

Also, I seriously doubt that HQ would want to set any sort of precedent here. Once they open the door for cell service, the door is open for too many other things (rent, water bill, heating / air, etc...) that I guarantee you HQ has no interest in.

Cheers,

Mark

Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Why do you need HQ to back you? For the bulk of the affiliates, their information is publicly available, just pitch to them directly.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
Rob Bousquet

Profile:

Watch this video. Especially from 2:00 on. If you are trying to get to the affiliates through HQ this is why I don't think it will work.

http://journal.crossfit.com/2012/07/...ews-part-2.tpl WFS

Last edited by Rob Bousquet : 04-25-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: wfs

Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Exactly, Rob. Your video link was what I was looking for before, but you found one that said it better.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
Christopher Morris

Profile:

So, Rick - if HQ won't help you, you're going to have to do a lot more legwork to contact individual affiliates. How many would you need to be onboard to get the volume discount you're offering?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #26
Rob Bousquet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R Morris View Post
Exactly, Rob. Your video link was what I was looking for before, but you found one that said it better.
That's funny because I started out looking for the video you posted.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
Rick Sigel

Profile:

@Christopher - we'd like to start with about 1,000 lines/users. Let's take an example of an owwer that has a phone and has a spouse and/or employee with a phone - that would be 2-3 lines. So, if we only got 300 to 400 affiliates to be interested we would have the necessary leverage or volume with the carriers to be able to deliver substantial discounts.

Carrier agreements typically have discount tiers or tables based on the # of lines and the real good discounts start at 1000 and up. Our plan is to get that many or more owners to indicate they'd be interested enough to participate - again, no commitment just an indication of interest - so that we can offer the best deals right out of the gate. As the user base grows, the discounts will get even better - automatically.

The initial process will simply be to fill out and return a simple form indicating possible interest and status. The, once we can nail down the discount level we will give them the ability to sign up to begin getting the discounts. That's about it. Your thoughts?

Rick

Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
Rick Sigel

Profile:
Re: Does CrossFit Really Exist?

I completely understand and agree with what you are saying. Perhaps I wasn't clear - Our intended market is the affiliate owners and their employees - NOT individual gym members. Admittedly, I'm biased, but if the owner of your gym can save money on his cellphone service it only makes him (or her) more profitable - and while their primary focus is fitness, it is after all still a business that needs to make money to stay open. Also, if they have more money to spend maybe they'll invest it in more equipment for you to use...

Rick

Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Yeah, I don't see HQ helping at all. To echo what a lot of other people have said, this seems to be a Pandora's box in that HQ doesn't even really rep fitness related companies to affiliates as far as I know. To offer this service seems like something that would set that precedent against anything CFHQ has ever done in regard to affiliate relations.

If this is something you really want to pursue, you're going to have to do it through individual affiliates. I don't know how many of them would buy into it either. It'd actually be much the same as calling Club Fitness or a globo gym and asking them if they want to offer wireless phone discounts to their gym-goers.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #30
Lisbeth Darsh

Profile:
Re: Does CrossFit Really Exist?

No. Nobody exists. And they don't even have a contact page.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/CF-contact.html (WFS)