CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #11
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Thanks Larry, and I agree with you Lincoln is really amazing. His coaching has helped my form considerably, even if he is all the way in Sedona. Goes to the testament of not only his own coaching but to the character of this community as a whole.

The population here in Canada is so spread out that it would be very difficult to receive this kind of technical assistance as quickly as I get it here. Anytime I've posted a question or comment I get an answer the same day. Without having to drive 3 or 4 hours away. Combined the quality of the answers I get that, is what's awesome!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #12
Pierre Auge

Profile:
LINCOLN BRIGHAM YOU ROCK!!!

Your advice just helped me PR with 115lbs!!! My previous best was 95lbs as you witnessed on video! I knew I had more in me but could not project that much energy into the bar!!! I think you just handed me the ticket!

I have it on video and the lighting is better on todays video so you might pick up some more errors but I nailed that lift!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! I am one happy Canadian! Hell, the entire lift feels more solid with the shoulders engaged as you said. I think I might start deadlifting like that just to strengthen my upper back even if it effects my deadlift PR negatively for a while which I doubt!!!

OH one last note! Though it may look like it, I am "not" wearing lifting shoes! They are Adidas walking shoes with a solid flat rubber sole, I like em!!!

http://web.mac.com/pierre_auge/iWeb/www.mission-specific.com/Home/1FFBDDAC-774E- 4874-BD25-EBED73DCD031.html
Old 05-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #13
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
That's terrific Pierre, glad I could help out.

The next thing to work on is getting under the bar a little quicker. Air time is wasted time and if you look at your pr lift frame-by-frame you'll see some big air under those shoes! Which means you're good for a lot more.

Watch the feet here:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/13350/24763.gif
Just enough air to slide into the landing/squat position.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #14
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Thanks again Lincoln I'll work that. My short term goal is 135 by the end of June. And mid-term goal is bodyweight by end summer. I currently weigh 150 but who knows where I'll be by end August I weighed 135 in January.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #15
Yoon Sohn

Profile:
Hey Pierre,
Congrats on the PR! I have pretty much identical goals on the snatch as well. Your form currently trumps mine though :talker:

Oh yeah, I've said it once and I'll say it again: Lincoln is the man!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #16
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Thanks Yoon,
I pretty much just lift everyday! I'm not too concerned with over training because I have found that often that is when I lift best, when fatigued. Can't be sloppy then! If you are sloppy you tend to break yourself. But I do stupid things like that!

For example I try to dealift 90% of max at least once a day. Somedays I can't do it so I just say forget it. Actually come to think about it. I think I've made all my PR's of late while fasting!?! I'll have to look into that but I think they were all done on rest days, and I fast on rest days. Hmmmm yes I'm going back into my logs, peace!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #17
Pierre Auge

Profile:
So I was reviewing the video of my PR lift from the other day and see a few things I couldn't see in the web rendered version. I slowed it down and cut out the other lifts. If you watch closely I'm half way between a Classical Lift and a Bulgarian Lift, the bar is swinging out and away then begins to travel straight up!

Look closely at the extension the bar actually comes way up before I even reach extension!!! By the time I've come to full extension the bar is already near sternum level.

Two things are happening:

1 I'm unleashing hell on that bar!
2 I'm swinging it like a damned kettelbell!

NO WONDER I can't consistantly catch the weight. Its not really all that heavy! And I'm not missing at the feet most of the time, its my line of travel, the line of travel is all over the place. I'm allowing the bar to move all over the frontal plane and not keeping it under control, even though I had to review the video a bunch of times before picking it up and only days later!
Attached Files
File Type: email Pierre - 115 PR.mov (1,014.8 KB, 123 views)
Old 05-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #18
Pierre Auge

Profile:
If that doesn't work try this:

http://idisk.mac.com/pierre_auge-Public?view=web

Download the file from there its a quicktime movie, and you need to click on the little arrow on the right hand side of the screen.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #19
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
You're pushing into the bar. Also, you are not waiting long enough to explode on the bar. The bar loses contact at about mid thigh when it should leave at about crotch level.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #20
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Cool Lincoln, thanks for that note... I couldn't quite figure out what to do about it. It's been frustrating me (a wee bit, not really).