CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Erica Downs

Profile:
Unhappy Any Crossfitters near North East, APG, or Bel Air, Maryland ??

Hi All,

I just started Crossfit at my local box this past September. I work at Fort Monmouth now and I am being relocated to APG, MD come the end of January 2011. Now that I fell in love with crossfit, I'm pretty disappointed that there aren't any boxes nearly close to the area...according to the Affiliates page. Is anyone down there now that does Crossfit or is there a box that is going to open up soon?
Please Help!!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Mike Hogan

Profile:
Re: Any Crossfitters near North East, APG, or Bel Air, Maryland ??

Erica,

Unfortunately there is no crossfit box in Harford or Ceil County, MD. The closet one is in Baltimore. I would like to get my level 1 cert and work to try to get a box open in the forest hill- bel air area within the next year.

Mike
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Greg Fend

Profile:

I just left APG a few months ago. You're right...it was frustrating that there wasn't an affiliate. We did have a unit program, though. I've got a couple names of some folks that sent me a message that are in the area and CF, if you'd like to try to connect with them.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Roland Keller

Profile:

No Box here at APG, but we have Crossfitters. A couple of us in Bel Air have very complete Garage Gyms and are trying to build a morning and evening WOD groups. We are currently doing WODs on weekends together. The more regulars we can count on, the more we can start working into the weekday mornings. I currently do 0530 Main Site WODs and weekends with a larger group. Evening CF Endurance WODs are next.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
Roland Keller

Profile:

Mike,
There are already a few of us that would support a start-up box. If you get any more info on when and where, let me know and I will direct a small army of CFers your way.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Billy Bauer

Profile:

Hey Erica (and others). Just saw this and have been wondering the same for quite awhile myself. The closest box seems to be Push 511 that is opening up in Bmore, would definitely love to see one open in Harford County. I currently do the SEALFIT WODs or the WODs from the mainpage on the APG Edgewood side with a few others for PT everyday, sometimes at lunch if we break it up. I would definitely be interested in doing the weekend WODs on occasion. Depending on what i can do with my daughter, I'm also about to blow some money on some equipment from Rogue so I'll be right there in Perryville.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
Bret Lurz

Profile:

Hey all. I'm in Bel Air, Ive had a 3 month break from crossfit because of a nasty hamstring strain, finally starting to improve.. Ive been going to crossfit BWI in glen burnie because its close to my job. I would love to see a movement in harford county. I have some equiptment and I also have my level 1 cert. We should all get together one weekend and brainstorm..
Old 05-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Michelle Blaise

Profile:

I am not a Crossfitter but am very interested in starting. Really surprised that there are no Crossfit Gyms/affiliates within Harford Co. Was considering going to Crossfit BWI, thinking it would be worth the time on the road, but with the gas prices, it's impossible to consider a this time. I'll keep checking back to see if anything has changed.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
Donald Clarkson

Profile:

Hi all!

I currently own and run Centurion CrossFit Fort Hood (http://crossfitforthood.blogspot.com/ (W/F/S). I have run it since 2008 and between my wife and I, we are Level 1 certified, CF Kids, CF Endurance, CF Nutrition, and Mobility certified.

We will be moving to that area in August, as I just found out I am getting assigned to APG. We would love to get a box going in that area and we have a decent garage box of our own.

If nothing else, we would love to just get together with fellow CrossFitters and WOD!

Feel free to contact me here or at: centurioncrossfit.forthood@gmail.com

Don

http://www.crossfitbelair.com/

Last edited by Donald Clarkson : 05-25-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Roland Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Blaise View Post
I am not a Crossfitter but am very interested in starting. Really surprised that there are no Crossfit Gyms/affiliates within Harford Co. Was considering going to Crossfit BWI, thinking it would be worth the time on the road, but with the gas prices, it's impossible to consider a this time. I'll keep checking back to see if anything has changed.
There are plenty of Crossfitters in the area. Just no Gym because most of us are professionals of some other sort and haven't got the time. If your interested, shoot me a message and I will key you in on the weekend WODs. From there you should be able to find a regular buddy or two to workout with until a CF box opens in the area.