CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
Tamara Cohen

Profile:
Re: I need you to guess what I weigh. (Pic)

Is there a prize? Because if there is a prize, I want to amend my answer to something more specific. But, there is definitely no way he weighs over 165 lbs unless he's hiding something...
Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
Cameron Davis

Profile:

Most of you were pretty close. I'm 151 in that pic. I guess I have to figure out once and for all if I'm ok with being skinny/small. I didn't realize I deserved that title! I needed to hear your honest comments I guess. I was almost 175 when I started xfit... but I was 125 when I originally started working out a few years ago so it's been a lot worse!

I don't think I'll go out of my way to gain... for now at least. Two of the best athletes at my box are within a few pounds of me. I think I want to just focus on my performance right now. Anyways, thanks for the replies!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Kerby View Post
Most of you were pretty close. I'm 151 in that pic. I guess I have to figure out once and for all if I'm ok with being skinny/small. I didn't realize I deserved that title! I needed to hear your honest comments I guess. I was almost 175 when I started xfit... but I was 125 when I originally started working out a few years ago so it's been a lot worse!

I don't think I'll go out of my way to gain... for now at least. Two of the best athletes at my box are within a few pounds of me. I think I want to just focus on my performance right now. Anyways, thanks for the replies!
Look at Tamara's picture. She is effing hot, 2 inches shorter than you, and a woman... and she weighs more than you do. This is not okay.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:

Oh dear.

You are not okay with being skinny and small. Promise.

You are 5'10. 175 lbs on a guy who is 5'10 is generally skinny.

You know how many Games competitors weighed under 160 lbs last year?

Two.

Deric Maruquin, who is 5'3, and Chris Spealler who is 5'5 (or so he claims ).

Shockingly enough, gaining some weight will HELP your performance. I know these things. Trust me.

I'm not telling you to focus on aesthetics. Performance is FABULOUS.

But, you will look better if you gain some weight also. Girls generally don't like guys who weigh less than they do.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
Michael Dowling

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen;
Girls generally don't like guys who weigh less than they do.
in all fairness though his body type is what you see plastered all over tv, magazines etc... i'm sure he'll do fine, most women today like thier men smaller with visible abs and low bodyfat.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Cameron Davis

Profile:

Ladies,

I disagree. I thought I was being really superficial for caring at all. My box definitely has a really different attitude on this subject.

I believe your body "wants" to be around a particular size. The 175 I started at clearly wasn't that size for me. I radically changed up my workout routine by starting crossfit (and didn't change anything else) and in just a few weeks I had lost over 20 pounds. This was my body adapting to the demand crossfit was putting on me. I've only gotten faster and stronger throughout this whole progress. If my body needed more mass I think it would have kept it.

Am I ok with where my body wants to be? Maybe, maybe not. But I can handle it for now.

And my wife is more than happy with my size. She thinks I'm crazy for even caring. She's way less shallow than me!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dowling View Post
in all fairness though his body type is what you see plastered all over tv, magazines etc... i'm sure he'll do fine, most women today like thier men smaller with visible abs and low bodyfat.
You are a man and therefore not entitled to an opinion about what women want, though.

The Kate Moss on cocaine look gets plastered all over magazines and billboards. That doesn't mean most men would choose to have sex with her over a woman who is heavier with boobs.

Television isn't real life.

Quote:
Ladies,

I disagree. I thought I was being really superficial for caring at all. My box definitely has a really different attitude on this subject.

I believe your body "wants" to be around a particular size. The 175 I started at clearly wasn't that size for me. I radically changed up my workout routine by starting crossfit (and didn't change anything else) and in just a few weeks I had lost over 20 pounds. This was my body adapting to the demand crossfit was putting on me. I've only gotten faster and stronger throughout this whole progress. If my body needed more mass I think it would have kept it.

Am I ok with where my body wants to be? Maybe, maybe not. But I can handle it for now.

And my wife is more than happy with my size. She thinks I'm crazy for even caring. She's way less shallow than me!
If you are happy and your wife is happy, then you are doing better than most of the American population. So, so be it. I like when people are happy.

But, in terms of your body wanting to be a particular weight, I feel that is complete and utter crap.

A year ago, I weighed about 30 lbs LESS than I do right now. It wasn't because my body WANTED to be there. It was because I was a total metcon fiend who was eating strictly clean, and I couldn't gain a pound to save my life.

Or so I thought.

My goals changed, I switched my programming, tweaked my eating, and I've gained almost 30 lbs.

So, where does my body WANT to be?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
Cameron Davis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post

Where it was before you were trying to change it?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #19
Jeffrey Liu

Profile:

Quote:
Under a bar.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
Michael Dowling

Profile:

Quote:
You are a man and therefore not entitled to an opinion about what women want, though.

The Kate Moss on cocaine look gets plastered all over magazines and billboards. That doesn't mean most men would choose to have sex with her over a woman who is heavier with boobs.

Television isn't real life
well you're a woman and therefore not entitled to an opinion about what men want, though.

and kate moss is geared towards fashion, the only ones that care about fashion are straight women and g@y men, neither is having anything to do with women anyway. now the women in bud light commercials that's another story... and we know who their target audience is.