CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #71
Chance Adams

Profile:
Re: UFC 112 "Invincible" predictions

Anderson v GSP will never happen. We're more likely to see GSP v Shields. Rumor has it that UFC offered Shields 400k and a coaching spot on TUF against GSP. If so, that would be pretty hard to turn down.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #72
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance Adams View Post
Anderson v GSP will never happen. We're more likely to see GSP v Shields. Rumor has it that UFC offered Shields 400k and a coaching spot on TUF against GSP. If so, that would be pretty hard to turn down.
Oh I think you are very wrong on this one. The $$$ this fight would bring and the PPV would be too big for the UFC to pass up. It also shows that the UFC gives the fans the fights they want to see...which is what Dana always says. The weight jumps are not that far off and the UFC needs more mega fights big time. Shields vs GSP? Not exactly a blockbuster....no better than Hardy vs GSP. I would rather see GSP and Fitch fight again. GSP has really nobody left to fight that is even remotely interesting and Silva most certainly does not. I guess if GSP went up to 185 and stayed there and Anderson went up to 205 and stayed there that would be the only way this fight never happens.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #73
Sean Dunston

Profile:

I disagree. Personally I don't think that fight ever happens, and if it does I think a GSP vs. Silva fight is a loser for UFC.

If GSP was somehow able to win the fight, then that raises the question of: how the Hell did Anderson Silva slice through all of the UFC's top 185 competition and once he was done there and decided to go up to 205, how was he able to beat them too? It would not speak well to the quality of the fighters in those divisions.

If GSP lost the fight... well, he was the smaller fighter who was going up in weight, and the loss was to be expected.

I just don't see it happening.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #74
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
I disagree. Personally I don't think that fight ever happens, and if it does I think a GSP vs. Silva fight is a loser for UFC.

If GSP was somehow able to win the fight, then that raises the question of: how the Hell did Anderson Silva slice through all of the UFC's top 185 competition and once he was done there and decided to go up to 205, how was he able to beat them too? It would not speak well to the quality of the fighters in those divisions.

If GSP lost the fight... well, he was the smaller fighter who was going up in weight, and the loss was to be expected.

I just don't see it happening.
The thing is , Anderson has no good fights in MW and I have not seen him fight anyone that has given him a test there. Who is left? That is what is bad for the UFC. BJ went up in weight and fought GSP...that was a popular fight to watch...BJ went back down and all is good for UFC. Anderson fought James Irvin in LHW and Forrest who was not at the top and has been ko'd a few too many times...so Anderson has never been tested at LHW either. That is what is bad for UFC. Even if GSP lost...Anderson goes up and GSP goes up...no body loses. Sooner or later the UFC needs this fight and the more it is mentioned the more Dana is willing to talk about it. I do think that if it happens it would need to mean both fighters move up for good in weight classes.