CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #21
Matt Payne

Profile:
Re: UFC 112 "Invincible" predictions

Not in the same class? Not sure what you would base that on but o.k. Well Henderson is no longer in the UFC so that will not happen and Franklin is fighting @ 205 so that won't either. GSP would only move up for a fight at the title...Anderson. I still feel strongly that this fight will happen. Fights like the one tonight do nothing to help Silva either. He needs some Waayy stronger opponents. If the fans want GSP and Silva I believe they will get it as it means $$$$ big time for UFC.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
William Hunter

Profile:

Some harsh words from the ufc pres regarding Anderson Silva

wfs one dana f bomb is beeped out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2wlP...layer_embedded
Old 04-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #23
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Payne View Post
Not in the same class? Not sure what you would base that on but o.k. Well Henderson is no longer in the UFC so that will not happen and Franklin is fighting @ 205 so that won't either. GSP would only move up for a fight at the title...Anderson. I still feel strongly that this fight will happen. Fights like the one tonight do nothing to help Silva either. He needs some Waayy stronger opponents. If the fans want GSP and Silva I believe they will get it as it means $$$$ big time for UFC.
GSP has no shot. Zero. I'm tired of hearing GSP nut-huggers act like he has any sort of shot. Silva is much bigger than him, faster, stronger and would probably completely embarrass him like he does everyone else. GSP has nothing for him and knows it.
Silva can go into a fight and not try and completely dance around the guy and treat him like scum on the bottom of his shoe. GSP doesn't have that luxury.
Silva would keep him at bay with his jab and either knock him out or dance around him and embarrass him for 5 rounds. GSP would not get him on the ground and if he did he wouldn't keep him there.

Oh and LOL at asking Silva to step it up. Yeah that's right. He had no ability to finish that fight. He really needs to step it up because he shows no ability to finish his opponents *cough*GSP*cough*. Silva is so much better than these people, and he's such a jerk and so prideful he wants us all to know that these guys have nothing for him. He could've finished Cote, Leites and Maia anytime he wanted to. He just didn't want to.

I like how GSP can lay on someone for 5 rounds and show no ability to actually finish the fight and people go "Oh man he dominated him." But Silva can pick you apart, stand there and let you swing at him (and you still miss!) and just generally show that you are not in his league but suddenly he needs to step it up and has an inability to finish fights. Whatever. He basically did what GSP did only on his feet. Instead of laying and praying he stood and prayed. But for some reason GSP gets a pass for it.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Also when comparing GSP and Silva we're talking about a guy in Silva that can move up to 205 and probably clean out that division too. I don't think many of the 205ers have much for him either and I think he'd beat down most of them too.
Hell I don't think he'd be dominant but I think he could be competitive at heavyweight.
You can't say the same about GSP. He'd get killed at 205.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #25
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

What a weird night of fights....
Thought the BJ/Edgar fight was way to close for 50-45 scores...
Anderson....I'm starting to think he is either
A. not wanting to hurt opponents who have nothing for him.
B.****** bag.

Very odd night.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #26
William Jackson

Profile:

i was impressed with that interview! props to that reporter.
and i was always so sure that Dana was a ****. he showed some class and looked genuinely bummed with the nights outcome. its good to see a man stand behind the product he's pushing and apologize when the product fails. as for making it up... next two cards on Spike?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #27
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
GSP has no shot. Zero. I'm tired of hearing GSP nut-huggers act like he has any sort of shot. Silva is much bigger than him, faster, stronger and would probably completely embarrass him like he does everyone else. GSP has nothing for him and knows it.
Silva can go into a fight and not try and completely dance around the guy and treat him like scum on the bottom of his shoe. GSP doesn't have that luxury.
Silva would keep him at bay with his jab and either knock him out or dance around him and embarrass him for 5 rounds. GSP would not get him on the ground and if he did he wouldn't keep him there.

Oh and LOL at asking Silva to step it up. Yeah that's right. He had no ability to finish that fight. He really needs to step it up because he shows no ability to finish his opponents *cough*GSP*cough*. Silva is so much better than these people, and he's such a jerk and so prideful he wants us all to know that these guys have nothing for him. He could've finished Cote, Leites and Maia anytime he wanted to. He just didn't want to.

I like how GSP can lay on someone for 5 rounds and show no ability to actually finish the fight and people go "Oh man he dominated him." But Silva can pick you apart, stand there and let you swing at him (and you still miss!) and just generally show that you are not in his league but suddenly he needs to step it up and has an inability to finish fights. Whatever. He basically did what GSP did only on his feet. Instead of laying and praying he stood and prayed. But for some reason GSP gets a pass for it.
WOW! Just WOW! Jason ; Talk about nuthugger buddy. Are you related to Anderson or something? So Anderson could of finished Cotes, Leites and Maia but just didn't want to? Give me a break. Anderson is boring, arrogant, could not give a crap about his fans and is wearing out his welcome if you ask me. UFC pays his bills and if you watched Dana Whites comments after the fight....well Anderson better start finishing fights or he will be pounding people in Strikeforce soon.

At this risk of this turning into a Sherdog debate.... I'll just leave it at this; Anderson has not been tested by fighters in his division that are of any caliber in a long time,he also is showing very little respect to the fans and the sport right now(for a while actually) GSP has beaten all the hall of famers in his division. We will see GSP and Silva...Silva to me needs this fight or Silva can go to HW and get killed by Brock.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #28
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Also when comparing GSP and Silva we're talking about a guy in Silva that can move up to 205 and probably clean out that division too. I don't think many of the 205ers have much for him either and I think he'd beat down most of them too.
Hell I don't think he'd be dominant but I think he could be competitive at heavyweight.
You can't say the same about GSP. He'd get killed at 205.
Well of course GSP would ...WW to LHW? That's quite a bit of weight...
Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #29
Mark Martinez

Profile:

Quote:
Well of course GSP would ...WW to LHW? That's quite a bit of weight...
That was exactly my point a few posts ago. I know Franklin moved weight-classes and Henderson is now with SF; both these guys have fought LHW. Do you really think GSP would have as easy a time against the likes of Henderson and Franklin the same way Anderson Silva did? I remember reading/hearing Anderson Silva usually has a walking weight of 200+.

Even GSP seemed a little hesitant when asked about a bout against Silva at one point with good reason. He doesn't want to get raped becauase of the difference in size, strength, skill, and experience! It would be cool to see GSP dominate Anderson Silva; I just don't think that's very likely.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #30
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
WOW! Just WOW! Jason ; Talk about nuthugger buddy. Are you related to Anderson or something? So Anderson could of finished Cotes, Leites and Maia but just didn't want to? Give me a break. Anderson is boring, arrogant, could not give a crap about his fans and is wearing out his welcome if you ask me. UFC pays his bills and if you watched Dana Whites comments after the fight....well Anderson better start finishing fights or he will be pounding people in Strikeforce soon.
You don't think he could finish those fights? What exactly are you smoking? He threw maybe 15 punches the entire Maia fight!
That's right, Anderson sucks and can't finish fights. Give me a break. Because in all those fights I saw him trying his hardest to finish the fight. That's right when he's dancing around and dropping to his knees and making faces at the guy rather than fighting, that's him trying to finish the fight!
Are you serious dude? You really think he couldn't finish any of those three fights? If that's truly what you think then you're a hater that doesn't have a clue. You are the only person in the world that thinks that. All of those guys know that he could've killed them any time he wants.
He's so much better than those three guys that he can throw barely any punches or kicks and dance around and showboat and STILL not get hit or hurt. Those guys had nothing for him and had absolutely no shot. He could've finished any of them but chose not to.
Compare this to GSP that actually can't finish his opponents and can just lay a victory out over 5 rounds.
But I guess Anderson can't finish his opponents but GSP could have if he wanted to? Whatever.
Anderson would kill GSP and GSP knows it, that's why he's hesitant when they ask him about it. Anderson is the best P4P fighter in the world, no doubt about it.

Also I find it funny that people give GSP a free pass for not wanting to stand with a lot of opponents. "Oh well he took them to the ground because that's where his strength is! It'd be stupid for him to stand and trade when he can dominate them on the ground!"
Yet when Anderson refuses to go to the ground with a guy and wants to play to his strength and stay on his feet people are like "That *****, he needs to go to the ground with his opponent!"
Once again GSP does a lot of the same stuff Anderson does but somehow gets a free pass for it.