CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #41
Andrew Breyer

Profile:
Re: it's in the jeans

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #42
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Well, time to report back in. Today I reasonably comfortably got into size 36's!! I got into the 38's at the end of January. Nine weeks later, I'm in 36's.

When I started Crossfit at the end of October 2009, I was starting to come out of 42's. Now I'm in 36's. Not sure if I'm meant to get into 34's or not (big Crossfit azz and thighs), but I'll take it if it comes.
Update time: Today, two months to the day after getting into size 36's, I fairly comfortably got into a pair of 34's. Mind you, these were those "relaxed fit" 34's that were probably more like 35's, but still.... I haven't been in 34's since I was in high school ---- 25+ years ago.

So, I've gone from a size 42+ waist in October 2009 to a 34/35 waist in early June 2010. I'm sure that plenty of people have made greater progress faster, but I'm damned happy with this.

- Mark
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #43
Tim Randall

Profile:

Mark,

Very inspiring and a mega ditto to all your enthusiasm! It is the first time in 40+ years that I am shopping for fitted shirts and jeans in "young mens" section! I am now wearing 32-34 and Medium shirts (only problem is the darn shoulders are to small so I either get large size or wear the tech fabric tees (Nike-Pro) seems to hold up best and wick the sweat the best!

I have noticed that if I lay off for more than 3 days I am pretty weak on the next WOD (like today!!!)

My biggest accomplishment is to continue to motivate others young and old that with determination (total fitness can be done)---

Last week I rode 60 miles of single track trails on my (new to me KTM 450XC Dirt bike) right beside my 30 year old Son-n-law!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
Ben Schill

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: it's in the jeans

Haven't been into this much, but here are my results:

M/6'3"
Christmas 2007, 30 y.o.:
Waist measures 38", wearing 36" relaxed jeans and 38" shorts.
DL: 315, Squat: 225, Fran: 7:45, Filthy: 29'. Multiple overuse leg injuries from running far and being too heavy (228 or so).
-One year of Main Site:
Waist measures 35", wearing 35" pants that are comfy, holding onto 38" shorts. DL: 355, Squat: 275, Fran: 5:20, Filthy: 26'. Overuse injuries are gone, weight down to 203 or so. Can dunk a basketball for first time in 10 years.
-After second year of Main Site:
Waist measures 34.5", wearing the 35" pants and getting made fun of by my wife for looking like a teenager wearing pants that are too baggy. Pun on 38" shorts and look like an idiot.
DL: 375, Squat: 315, Fran: 3:43, Filthy: 22:50. Weight steady at 200.
-This past weekend:
Bought two pairs of 34" pants, shorts, and wore a 33" pair that was way too snug in thighs.
Performance up, pant size down. That's good stuff.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #45
Jerry Blomberg

Profile:

Since this is the place to post many of the CF success stories here is mine-
35 years old and the "fat kid" from 1st or 2nd grade on. Amazing how that affects you even now. But I lost some, lost some, slowly and painfully. Became a firefighter and at one time had lost down to about 180 lbs. But couldn't keep it off, it came back to about 200 lbs. Still wasnt in bad shape but- Discovered CF from a workout freak friend. He also led me down the zone/paleo road. In about six month I have abs! 175 lbs and now trying to gain weight. Not 100% zone or paleo but follow a balanced diet and whole foods no sugars and no grains. I have to eat instead of not eating. This is so cool! Down into the 31's on jeans, with 7-8% BF.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #46
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Great job, Jerry!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #47
Matthew L Smith

Profile:

I love reading these.

I haven't started crossfit yet, but have started eating more of a paleo diet..not strict though but have seen results from that.

Just from walking about 5 miles or so a week, doing a mix of pushups / situps / bicep / tricep curls, and dropping fast food / soda's from my diet I've dropped 13 pounds in 3 weeks and have a hard time keeping my current pants on my waist even with a belt. Then again being 6'5" and 325, sitting in front of a computer for most of the day I imagine I will see some pretty cool results initially.

Planning on starting crossfit in two weeks and am looking forward to seeing what that does for me. Hoping to be able to post a good testimony in a few months.