CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #21
Melissa Urban

Profile:
Re: CrossFit New Hampshire

I just spoke with the Nashua Parks & Recreation department - we wouldn't need any special permission to do any kind of workout in the park. Greeley is big and has plenty of stuff to hang off/jump on/run around. I've got a bunch of equipment, and if we can pick a date and gather a list of what everyone could bring (KBs, rings, etc.) we can definitely put a good workout together.

Send me a PM with (a) your email address, (b) which Saturdays/Sundays might work for you and (c) what equipment (if any) you could bring.

Note, this is not an official CrossFit sponsored event - just some people getting together to show off.

Melissa
Old 08-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #22
John M Tuttle

Profile:

I am a new Xfitter. If you old dogs don't mind teaching a young pup a thing or two, COUNT ME IN!!!!
I live in Concord. I am avalible most nights and weekends.

And any one (or group) in the Concord area that would like a partner on a regular basis, let me know.

JT
Old 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #23
David Sailor

Profile:

There are several of us in Londonderry. My assistant at work has been CF'ing for about 1.5 years. A friend of mine, Tom, for about 2 years and his boys often jump in. I have for a little over 2 years and some of my daughters jump in. Both Tom and I have attended two different level 1 certs, Santa Cruz and Vassleboro, ME.

There often are several people at my house on the weekends for the wods. Any one is welcome to join. I'm very excited at the prospect of having a local affiliate, especially the Hudson/Nashua location, that's only about 10 minutes away. I'm also happy to lend a hand, if needed. David.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

i'd love to get involved and start CF soon......Seems like most people have been at it for some time though. Londonderry is pretty close by.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #25
David Sailor

Profile:

Hi Kevin,

That's a straight shot up Mammoth Road for you. Don't worry about experience, in fact, starting up with others is a benefit to get the proper mechanics, then consistentcy and finally, intensity. I spent the first six months of my Crossfit experience making plenty of mistakes. I would have welcomed someone with some experience to give me some guidance. David
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sailor View Post
Hi Kevin,

That's a straight shot up Mammoth Road for you. Don't worry about experience, in fact, starting up with others is a benefit to get the proper mechanics, then consistentcy and finally, intensity. I spent the first six months of my Crossfit experience making plenty of mistakes. I would have welcomed someone with some experience to give me some guidance. David
actually 93 is easier, i live right on the methuen/dracut line by the exit 46 rotary.......but you can get there on mammoth rd as well.

I have some structured experience with power cleans and what have you from college football, but part of what interests me so much about crossfit is the emphasis on power moves.....as in the past, although i've always been very above average strength-wise.....power cleans and pull ups are my kryptonite haha.....and being an athlete, that just makes you want to do it all the more......I definitely would like to start crossfitting.....

I did one WOD with a friend of mine on nantucket (they have an affiliate on the island) and it was awesome.....it was something like...

50 deadlifts
40 kettle bell swings
30 walking lunges
20 situps
10 pull ups
5 man makers

for 5 rounds.......I forget what weights i was using, but it was hard......it took me about 32-33 min to finish it....and what a workout.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:16 AM   #27
Carmen Sarno

Profile:

There's an affiliate on Nantucket, but not in the entire state of NH? That's equal parts humorous and depressing.

I'd definitely be able to drive down to Londonderry or Hudson/Nashua.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #28
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen Sarno View Post
There's an affiliate on Nantucket, but not in the entire state of NH? That's equal parts humorous and depressing.

I'd definitely be able to drive down to Londonderry or Hudson/Nashua.
indeed.....one of their police detectives runs it.....and they invited me go one day while i was there (my friend is a cop)

you'd think there would be one in the merrimack valley here someplace with the great athletic community.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #29
Jon Waterhouse

Profile:

It's great to see some chatter in the Manchester area.

I'm am currently working out at Planet Fitness in Manchester but hoping that a Crossfit type of gym will open in Manchester.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and would be interested in participating/helping with anything that comes out of it. I am new to Crossfit but eager to learn.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
Fred Pimental

Profile:

Count me in as well. I work in Merrimack and live in Andover MA. I also attened the Maine cert this past June so am more than willing to help out where needed.

-FP