CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #21
George Stanton

Profile:
Re: Central Illinois Crossfitters

hey nick et.al. I too would like to get together with more people for the workouts. It helps quite a bit going through the tough workouts with others. If you're still up for it, I'd be down for a visit to taylorville...otherwise, stupid Gold's gym in Springfield is where I'm at.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #22
Mark Talbot

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Roeder View Post
To bad your about 4 hours away from us. A friend and I just started doing crossfit in his garage and are also looking for other people that want to do it. We live in Fulton IL. Right next to the Mississippi river. We are hoping to sometime in the future get to a cert 1 seminar and start up an affiliate here.
I'm pretty close to ya, if you've heard of Geneseo. I have a couple friends I CrossFit here with.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #23
Chris Rebmann

Profile:

I live in Camp Grove which is right outside of Peoria. My parents live in Bloomington and I am over there every so often. I would love to see everyones setups.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #24
Lei Fei

Profile:

Fellas,
I'll be moving to Burlington, IA (right on the Mississippi river) in the beginning of August and am looking for anyone to train with or any recommendations for facilities?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #25
Joe NMI Miller

Profile:

Anyone heard of an affiliate opening in the area of Springfield? I've been do pseudo-CF at Gold's and in my garage but would love to find a real CF and learn to do it right.

joe
Old 09-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #26
John Edmondson

Profile:

I'll be in Bloomington next weekend if anyone is interested in getting together for a WOD. Let me know.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #27
Jim Luckey

Profile:
Re: Central Illinois CrossFitters

Hey all. I stumbled on this today. My wife and I live in Springfield and have started CrossFitting. We're doing the beginner program (for about 4-5 weeks now) with some WOD's thrown in on the weekends.

Jennie, I was wondering about your offer. Would it be possible for a group of us from "down south" could come up for a weekend and check our form for all the oly lifts, kipping, etc.? It would help to see real CrossFitters in action and get a feel for the vibe. I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested, but I would be. My wife might be interested too, but not sure she'd want the kids at a relatives for the whole weekend.

As I'm thinking about this, I realized you might not see it on here, so I'm PM you as well. (hopefully that is ok!)

Is anyone else down south interested?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #28
John Edmondson

Profile:

Jim, we'd love to have you if you're ever in the area. We're 90 miles north of Bloomington up I-55. I'm also in Bloomington periodically to visit the folks.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #29
Nathan Roberts

Profile:

Hey Guys,

I'm from Washington, IL (15 minutes outside of Peoria) and have been CrossFitting off-and-on for the last year. A friend of mine and I work out at Five Points in Washington.

I'm curious how this area would respond to a CrossFit affiliate. From my perception, it's relatively unknown here.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #30
Jim Luckey

Profile:

Yeah, my wife and I have wondered that as well. I doubt we'll ever open one, but we point out different spots we see that would be a good fit for a box. There is no way we could get away with starting out in our garage. Some of our older neighbors have nothing better to do than "watch over" all the others.

Still, a couple can dream!