CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Brad Kohler

Profile:
Hey Crossfitters!
I have purchased a "whack" of rubberized dumbbells.(4 sets of 10lbs,4 sets of 20lbs, 2 sets of 25, 3 sets of 30, 3 sets of 40 lbs.)This to me is the best purchase(many uses and relatively cheap.)I have a friend who is willing to kick in three grand and was thinking of getting 3 concept 2 rowers.(any thoughts)I have approximately $1500-$2000 to work with. I am looking into bumper plates(3 sets of 10's and 20's and 3 bars) for the next purchase. I am looking into building my own plyo boxes to save cost. For the Dynamax med balls....I have a friend who works at a fitness equipment supply store(dont carry dynamax)but have the old school leather/vinyl boxing gym type med balls. What exercise other than wall ball do we use the dynamax.(way too expensive for 1 exercise)we used d-ball? yellow 20lbers for ball slams.Any way my classes are for larger groups 8-15 people. Thinking of working on a skill exercise at beginning of class, then have the WOD i choose to follow. Split the class in have, and have the partner counting reps,keeping score,cheerleading...while the other is doing the WOD, then switch. Finish with a cool down. Am finding it difficult to incorporate the O-lifts into a larger group. ANyway appreciate all the advice I can get.
Brad
Crossfit Calgary
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
James R. Climer

Profile:
Don't forget to buy the Dumbell moves DVD from Coach Rut in CF Kansas City, you'll 'regret' it, but it will probably be the best $40.00 (US) you spend.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Brad Kohler

Profile:
I already have!
Worth every penny.