CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #41
Michael Dykstra

Profile:
Re: Any Grand Rapids, MI CFers out there

Hey Matt, have you opened up the gym yet?
Old 12-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #42
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kooistra View Post
I'm actually from Byron Center. Lived right in town until I was 21. I lived on Burlingame/84th st and moved 1 mile west to Woodruff (behind the old HS.) What part are you from?
Steve. I live in the Planter's Row development located just south of 84th between Burlingame and Byron Center. It's changed a lot just in the few years we've been out here.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #43
Michael Dykstra

Profile:

That area is growing pretty fast.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #44
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Update on CrossFit Grand Rapids (www.crossfitgr.com)...

We had originally planned on opening right after the holidays, but now it will probably open in February. During January the trainers will be working out together as much as we can. We will be making sure we are all on the same page as to how we will be running things.
The gym itself is humble. It's about 950 some square feet and is almost square. Outside is a cement patch and a black top drive that will be perfect for walking lunges, tire flips, etc. There are seperate guys and girls bathrooms. There will be no showers. The gym will have "open hours." You'll be able to show up at any time during open hours and do the WOD. There will always be a trainer present.
We currently have a 20kg Pendlay bar, two 10kg Pendlay Junior bars, two MC Sporting Goods 45# bars, a set of 20kg/15kg/10kg Hi-Temp bumbers plates, two sets of cast-iron plates, a 20" plyo-box, a Concept 2 Rower, and a DragonDoor kettlebell. We plan on eventually geting more Pendlay bars, rubber bumpers plates, DragonDoor kettlebells, a 30+ foot long pullup bar, climbing ropes, sandbags, climbing holds, peg boards, rope ladder, campus board, large tires, etc. We want to get a video camera to film people doing their WOD/special feats and putting it on the website.
OK, I've taken up enough space. If anyone has any questions I can be reached via www.crossfitgr.com....Brandon
Old 12-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #45
Bob Pratt

Profile:

Hey Guys,
nice to see the kool-aid is spreading. i'm a firefighter from East Lansing and several of us have been doing crossfit at the station. Let us know when you get up & running we'll stop by and let you kick our a$$ like Chapman does down in A2. If ya get over this way and need a place to work-out give us a shout we gotta bunch of home-made equipment (kettlebells, slam balls etc...)

bob pratt
ELFD
local 1609
Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #46
Steve Kooistra

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Armstrong View Post
Steve. I live in the Planter's Row development located just south of 84th between Burlingame and Byron Center. It's changed a lot just in the few years we've been out here.
My parents first house, where I grew up for 13 years is at the corner of 84th and Burlingame. The only house left on any of those corners. It looked alot better back then. That area has changed a ton.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #47
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Starting Monday 1-7-08 CrossFit Grand Rapids (www.crossfitgr.com) will start posting a WOD, although the gym won't open until February. Obviously CrossFit HQ does a 3 days on/1 day off workout schedule. We will be using a 5 days on/2 days off workout schedule. Weekends will be rest/play days. The gym won't be open on Fridays starting out so we will try to make Friday's WOD one that can be done at most people's homes with minimal equipment.
I would like to get feedback from you CrossFitters on the website, the WOD, the gym itself, or anything else. I am very green at this and really want to hear from you as to where we can improve. Don't worry about hurting my feelings because according to my wife...I have none. The best way to contact us is via "Contact Us" on the website.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #48
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

CrossFit Grand Rapids will open for business on Monday Feb 18th. Learn more about the gym at www.crossfitgr.com.