CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #241
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

At the beginning and at the end, the alchemy that is CrossFit has grown and flourished under Coach's guidance. The magic can't be bought (and it isn't for sale). While anyone who disagrees is certainly free to go their own way, I've been in this since 2003, and I plan on being in it until Coach throws me out.

Anthos is not an option.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #242
Lisbeth Darsh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Glassman View Post
I am 100% committed to protecting and preserving the integrity of the CrossFit Community from profiteers like Anthos Capital. Whatever it takes!
What she said.

I was a CrossFit affiliate owner first -- in 2007 -- before I became part of CrossFit, Inc, in 2008. I know the sweet taste of independence that affiliation provides. I know what life was like as a trainer before CrossFit arrived on the fitness scene and changed everything -- and none of us want to go back to that world. I have seen, first-hand, life from all sides of the CrossFit community and there is no doubt in my mind that insertion of outside interest is not in anyone's best interest but the profiteers seeking to insert themselves.

I stand with Coach. He has led us to a world none of us ever imagined, and the future looks brighter each and every day. Burn the boats. There is no other way for us. We will fight and do whatever we need to in order to protect our affiliates and maintain their independent nature, free from outside capital and control. And we will fight forever.

Whatever it takes.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #243
Pat Sherwood

Profile:

Quote:
I am 100% committed to protecting and preserving the integrity of the CrossFit Community from profiteers like Anthos Capital. Whatever it takes!
I could not agree with Kathy any more!

I'm known for being long winded, so this will be concise. The idea that ANY aspect of CrossFit wants, needs, or will be improved by Anthos or any other external influence is ridiculous to the point of being offensive.

I'm willing to go to war to protect every single CrossFitter and CrossFit Affiliate from this threat or any other. Bring it on.

Whatever it takes.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #244
Rory Mckernan

Profile:

Quote:
The ethos of CrossFit Inc., the CrossFit community, the training program and the lifestyle permeate every aspect of my life and the life of my family. It's who I am and what I do. This culture was built by Coach Glassman, and cannot be bought or replicated.

CrossFit Makes People Better, and I am 100 percent committed to protecting our ability to do so from those who would only seek to profit without promoting our values.

I stand with Coach Glassman.

Whatever it takes.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #245
Karianne Dickson

Profile:

CrossFit is not tangible. It is not a commodity. It exists because of the people that have committed to make it their life's work.

The caretakers of this precious community are a small group of people whose motives and vision have been crystal clear from the beginning. That is the simplicity and elegance of the operation.

There is and should be no question for affiliate owners and trainers. We go where they go and under no circumstance is there any other option. There is no substitute, no short cut and no other way than the "Coach way".
Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #246
Andy Kauth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
I don't see how a VC firm coming in helps...if CFHQ needs more business minds for better organization, there's PLENTY of GREAT business minded folks already in the community who could step up. If CFHQ needs organizing throw some $$ at John Burch or someone like that, either to take a position or to give an honest assessment of how it is running.
Some of you guys (Mason ) got your heads on straight.

I can tell you that, while I no longer help coach at an affiliate and currently train in our garage due to a recent job relocation, I would never train at or work for an affiliate (in the future) that was told how they could or could not run their box ... affiliate independence is what makes CrossFit CrossFit.

I chose to train at and work for affiliates that had solid owners who programmed well ... if the model of letting them do what they do changes, I'm out. Unless they hire the owner of Cream City CrossFit to be the guy who dictates what everyone can and can't do ...
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #247
Andy Cassady

Profile:

Coach,
Thank you for your reply. I am a proud Affiliate owner and I operate a successful box on a town of only 3000 people. A move like this would be devastating to our CrossFit family we have built over the years. Fight on!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #248
Paula Gravatt

Profile:

Quote:
Coach Glassman lectured at my first L1 seminar and, like so many of you, my life was forever changed. My husband and I affiliated CrossFit by Overload in 2008 and started working for CrossFit Inc. in 2009. Each and every day we showed up to our box and ran things exactly how we wanted. The CrossFit Affiliate Program afforded us the right to learn by doing. We were able to grow our business and help make people better. This incredible opportunity in turn made us "better". Better trainers, better business owners and better citizens.

Now, each and every day I work alongside my fellow CrossFit staff members to support the community I love so much.

I stand shoulder to shoulder with them and my fellow CrossFitters in this fight. I am 100% committed to Coach Glassman.

Whatever it takes.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #249
Russell Berger

Profile:

Update:

‎***

Attention CrossFit Affiliates

Yesterday, CrossFit Inc delivered a letter of intent to the founding partners of Anthos, Eff Martin and Thomas Healey, to sue over the putative agreement to sell an interest in CrossFit to Anthos Capital. This includes how the agreement was negotiated and entered into. CrossFit's complaints against the legality of the sale, and the dishonestly and unethical business practices of Bryan Kelly and Anthos, will be filed as public documents and we will make them available as soon as they are published.

In this process, we have also learned something very interesting. Mr. Bryan Kelly, the Anthos board member we have all identified as the "buyer" in this attempted sale, is actually just a mouthpiece for a higher-level managing partner of the Anthos board- Paul Farr.

Paul Farr is an ex-Goldman Sachs investor who seems to have no ties to the CrossFit community of any sort. This brings up some interesting questions. Bryan's statements, while inconsistent with the selling party, imply that he will take care of our Affiliates because he is one of us.

Is Paul Farr, the guy fronting the 20 million dollars for this sale one of us too? If this sale goes through and Kelly leaves Anthos in two years, who will he be leaving us with? Does Mr. Farr have any comments on how Anthos will be able to help CrossFit Affiliates succeed?

I for one would love to hear his answers to these questions.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #250
Dale Finlayson

Profile:

From where I am sitting - even if everyone on all sides is operating in what they think are the best interests of CrossFit. Anthos Capital are a VC firm looking to make a profit. If they do nothing (non-managing role) but sit back, who is to say the next shareholders that buy it from Anthos Capital will do the same. Sale of 50% of CrossFit to anyone but an in-house buyer/group has the potential to change the fabric of what we have all invested our lives into. This will not be for the better because each time it is sold or split up you will have no certainty of what will happen to your businesses affiliate agreements, the administration of CrossFit at HQ level and the services they provide.

In conclusion Coach Glassman had the vision, created and put together CrossFit. It was his vision that gave me the 'this is it' moment and the powerful impetus to start my own business teaching all who I come across about being CrossFit, not Anthos Capital. I would have had great reservations about getting into a business model of any other leadership or makeup, which is why I hadn't up until CrossFit affiliation. I am 100% committed to Coach Glassman and his vision.