CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #81
Frank Dennis

Profile:
Re: New WOD Recording Tool Just Launched/Beyond the Whiteboard (threads merged)

Ah, OK... I figured it out, sort of.

The list of workouts from which I wanted to delete the aborted workout creations is actually only a list of workouts which have been posted to my affiliate as WODs. I can delete them from the WOD list as long as no one has posted.

But, is there a way to completely delete a created workout? Right now, we have three incorrect/incomplete workouts which are showing in the drop-down lists of WODs:

Two copies of a WOD called "Continuous Kettlebell Swings" (each of which is messed up, it only shows 1 round. Still need to figure out how to do a continuously running clock WOD).

One copy of a WOD called "CFSB - Deadlift 5-5-5, HPC & Box Jumps"

One copy of a WOD called "CFSB - 15-12-9 HPC & Box Jumps" (that one is actually complete, I think... there are two with that name, it's just a duplicate. Not sure how that happened).
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #82
Frank Dennis

Profile:

OK, this is where I feel like a knob.

I figured out how the continuously running clock WOD works, so no worries there.

I'd still like to know how to completely delete erroneous workout builds, though. For instance, one of those two KB swing WODs doesn't actually have any rounds attached to it, because I thought I needed to change the way I was building it. I never clicked the "Finished" button, I navigated back to the previous page and started over. Apparently, the WOD still gets saved off in this circumstance.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #83
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dennis View Post
OK, this is where I feel like a knob.

I figured out how the continuously running clock WOD works, so no worries there.

I'd still like to know how to completely delete erroneous workout builds, though. For instance, one of those two KB swing WODs doesn't actually have any rounds attached to it, because I thought I needed to change the way I was building it. I never clicked the "Finished" button, I navigated back to the previous page and started over. Apparently, the WOD still gets saved off in this circumstance.
Frank,
The site differentiates between "Workouts" and "WODs". Workouts can be used over and over again, and refer to the workout itself. A "WOD" is a workout that has been assigned as a "Workout of the Day" for a certain day. If you delete a specific "WOD", the workout will still be in the database. To destroy the "Workout", click "workouts" in the top right navigation, find the workout you want to destroy, and click "destroy". Then it will no longer exist on the site. Let me know if you have any more questions or if that doesn't work for you.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #84
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Kinnick View Post
Frank,
The site differentiates between "Workouts" and "WODs". Workouts can be used over and over again, and refer to the workout itself. A "WOD" is a workout that has been assigned as a "Workout of the Day" for a certain day. If you delete a specific "WOD", the workout will still be in the database. To destroy the "Workout", click "workouts" in the top right navigation, find the workout you want to destroy, and click "destroy". Then it will no longer exist on the site. Let me know if you have any more questions or if that doesn't work for you.
Ah, OK... that's what I thought at first, but on that page, I can view the Official, ME, and the workouts for other gyms, but ours (ForgedFit) doesn't show anything. I thought maybe that page was supposed to be for something else.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #85
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Ah, OK... that's what I thought at first, but on that page, I can view the Official, ME, and the workouts for other gyms, but ours (ForgedFit) doesn't show anything. I thought maybe that page was supposed to be for something else.
Apparently there is a bug on that page, it has been fixed and will rolled out shortly. Then you should be able to do it. Sorry about that.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #86
Frank Dennis

Profile:

No worries, this is great!

I've got an old notebook PC which just needs a new keyboard module (the power switch is integrated)... once I get it replaced and running, I'm donating it to my affiliate so people can post their results to BTWB right away.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #87
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
No worries, this is great!

I've got an old notebook PC which just needs a new keyboard module (the power switch is integrated)... once I get it replaced and running, I'm donating it to my affiliate so people can post their results to BTWB right away.
That's awesome. By the way, we rolled out the fix, you can delete your workouts now.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #88
Geoff Spakes

Profile:

Hey Jonathan, just a heads up that something is wonky with recording a Max Effort workout. When you select the Max Effort workout it still wants you to record whatever the last workout (WOD or whatever) you had up.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #89
Jamie Sanford

Profile:

Yeah i experienced the same bug posted above today when trying to post my max effort DL's.... Kept bringing me to todays WOD.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #90
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Spakes View Post
Hey Jonathan, just a heads up that something is wonky with recording a Max Effort workout. When you select the Max Effort workout it still wants you to record whatever the last workout (WOD or whatever) you had up.
Yeah, we updated a lot of posting stuff last night, looking into it right now. I'll let you know what happens