CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #31
Carter Jee

Profile:
Re: New WOD Recording Tool Just Launched/Beyond the Whiteboard (threads merged)

wow this is amazing work. i love the simple layout and easy access.

thanks for developing this and releasing it free!!!

carter
Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #32
Leah Turner

Profile:

can an option be added to only show the persons birthday month and/or day but not the year?

thanks!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #33
Tom Ellison

Profile:

Wow, looks awesome. I like the graphs and everything, very slick. Must have taken a ton of work.

I know this would probably be really hard, but how cool would it be if you could do an overall graph of your "work capacity across broad time and modal domains?" Power on the Y axis, duration on the X axis, different points representing, say 1RM Clean and Jerk at 3 seconds, 5k at 20 minutes, Fran at 5 minutes, etc. Of course, that would require automatically calculating power output of each exercise/WOD, which would be very daunting. You'd also need to be able to set how far back the graph would pull data (i.e., do PRs from 2 years ago count?). I know this is damn near impossible, just musing out loud.

If someone ever does that, they get the Crossfit Medal of Honor.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #34
Joseph Shreckhise

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ellison View Post
Wow, looks awesome. I like the graphs and everything, very slick. Must have taken a ton of work.

I know this would probably be really hard, but how cool would it be if you could do an overall graph of your "work capacity across broad time and modal domains?" Power on the Y axis, duration on the X axis, different points representing, say 1RM Clean and Jerk at 3 seconds, 5k at 20 minutes, Fran at 5 minutes, etc. Of course, that would require automatically calculating power output of each exercise/WOD, which would be very daunting. You'd also need to be able to set how far back the graph would pull data (i.e., do PRs from 2 years ago count?). I know this is damn near impossible, just musing out loud.

Yeah, that crap would be awsome!

Your probably tired of reading these posts but really though, this application is freakin amazing and making it free to the Crossfit community was more than generous. I'm sure I'm speaking for the rest of the community in thanking you for the HOURS you must have spent on this thing. Great work!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #35
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ellison View Post

It's funny that you say that. This is exactly what I had in mind when we created the site. That is why we log the workouts the way we do. You can expect to see these work/power graphs a couple months down the road, once a good amount of data is there and all the current features are polished.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #36
Adam Noble

Profile:

The site is spectacular! I mucked around on it all afternoon.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #37
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Turner View Post
can an option be added to only show the persons birthday month and/or day but not the year?

thanks!
We're working on it.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #38
Joey Powell

Profile:

Jonathan, Freedom is on board. Let us know where the donation button will be. THIS IS HUGE!! We are setting up a kiosk for the athletes.

Suggestions: when yopu can choose the substitution exercises to the RX for the workouts...subcatagorize by the RX exercise (from the list on Main Site).

Meaning:

Pullups
Band
Jumping
Ring
etc.

Right now it is going off the first letter for the substitution, not the exercise itself. Overtime this will become a train wreck to compare across 100's of affiliates.

That way we are avoiding duplication, and the best practices will rise faster without the resulting clutter.

Make sense??
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #39
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Powell View Post
Jonathan, Freedom is on board. Let us know where the donation button will be. THIS IS HUGE!! We are setting up a kiosk for the athletes.
We have two kiosks set up, and everyone enters their results right after they workout. It's working pretty well. They also can pull up their histories before the WOD and see what they're shooting for, or their previous weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Powell View Post
Suggestions: when yopu can choose the substitution exercises to the RX for the workouts...subcatagorize by the RX exercise (from the list on Main Site).

Meaning:

Pullups
Band
Jumping
Ring
etc.

Right now it is going off the first letter for the substitution, not the exercise itself. Overtime this will become a train wreck to compare across 100's of affiliates.

That way we are avoiding duplication, and the best practices will rise faster without the resulting clutter.

Make sense??
That's a good idea. I'll look into it.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #40
Andrew Ager

Profile:

This is way, way cool.

Aside from the WOD-logging, which is sweet, the design/interface stuff is fantastic!

Guess I'm hauling my notebook back to the office after today's workout...