CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #21
Jeff Yan

Profile:
Re: You know you have a CrossFit Problem when...

Your match.com profile has you seeking women who have pull up calluses on their palms, DL scabs on their shins, KB bruises on their forearms, ring strap abrasions on their upper arms and tailbone rash from sit ups.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
Christine Reinhart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post
Your match.com profile has you seeking women who have pull up calluses on their palms, DL scabs on their shins, KB bruises on their forearms, ring strap abrasions on their upper arms and tailbone rash from sit ups.
I'm married...but ironically, I was sporting all of the above last week! My massage therapist asked, what happened to you? And I said, CrossFit.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #23
Christin Street

Profile:

You're on a long 4-5 hour flight and get a little crossfit antsy. So you head off to the 2'x2' bathroom. You time yourself for 100 air squats as your knees rhythmically keep bumping the locked door. You scream "Yes!" when your break your PR and limp out of the bathroom drenched in sweat. Both flight attendants as well as everyone else on the plane glare at you as you slither back to your seat.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #24
Joe Shininger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
You're on a long 4-5 hour flight and get a little crossfit antsy. So you head off to the 2'x2' bathroom. You time yourself for 100 air squats as your knees rhythmically keep bumping the locked door. You scream "Yes!" when your break your PR and limp out of the bathroom drenched in sweat. Both flight attendants as well as everyone else on the plane glare at you as you slither back to your seat.
I'm using that excuse from now on.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #25
Trevor Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Reinhart View Post
My husband and I are renovating our basement, so last weekend I consciously 'chose' to do most of the painting with my left (non-dominant) hand to work on my strength imbalance. My shoulders were burning from all the painting, but afterward, I 'chose' to go outside and shovel wet, heavy snow for about an hour. Again, shoulders on fire...but it was great!

I was shoveling snow here in Medicine Hat too. That was heavy snow.

I know I have a problem because I have dreams/nightmares about the upcoming workout the when I check it the before I go to bed. I really need to stop that, but somtimes it is just too tempting and I just can't help it.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #26
Keith Martin

Profile:

...you tell your girlfriend you did "Angie" and she isn't even angry at you.

...you forget your weightlifting gloves, you don't turn back to go get them

...you don't even realize your commercial gym has mirrors anymore.

...when tunnel vision is a regular occurance.

...you come in to work first thing Monday morning and ask people how was their weekend just so they can ask about yours!!!

...you wake up in the mornings like a little boy (or girl) does on Christmas Day anticipating gifts

Last edited by Keith Martin : 04-28-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
Ryan Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Now we're into the "quality vs. quantity" argument. Tough call.

- Mark
Though we all know that if form doesnt break down at least somewhat at some point then your intensity is lacking.

As to the original topic...every time i take stairs I take 2 at a time stick my chest up, flex my lower back, and keep my core rigid. And sometimes I lift the toes of my rear foot to practice pistols.

I also send my fiance videos of crossfit babies and have told her I like the name 'Eva' for a girl.

My mom (whos a nurse) and I get in arguments about nutrition and exercise for an hour or so every time we meet.

We were taking pictures on the beach (for a cake topper and for one to blow up and have people sign around at the wedding) and they wanted our faces level (I'm 6'5 shes 5'5) so they all told me to show them perfect squat form.

I watch my 2 year old 'cousin' and marvel at her perfect squat form.... and I get angry at her hard rubber cast-like shoes and how bad they are for her feet (though I keep that to myself).

Heh I told my fiance, who says she could never do a pullup, that I'd get her a matching band to go on the other side of her wedding ring when she can do 10 pullups in a row .
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #28
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Jones View Post
I also send my fiance videos of crossfit babies and have told her I like the name 'Eva' for a girl.
Don't forget "Greg" if it's a boy. That name's a winner.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #29
Christin Street

Profile:

You've put a pull-up bar in the bathroom doorway because it's one of your weaknesses that needs working on. You get up to go to the bathroom at about 3am. You decide to go for it and knock out a few PUs in the dark...but oops, the bar isn't properly secured and you crash to the floor along with the bar waking your entire family up who thinks there's a burglar in the house.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #30
Colleen Quigley

Profile:

These are funny...I was busted doing push ups in a wheelchair bathroom at a Michael Buble concert. I didn't think anyone would be able to see under the door but when I came out the line up was giving me a really strange look.