CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
Mitch Jensen

Profile:
Eggs and chocolate milk

I don't know if anyone else caught this during the Redskins/Giants game last Sunday...but Tim Hightower the RB for the Skins drinks a shake comprised of 6 raw eggs and chocolate milk every morning....anyone else try this concoction?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Rob Samuels

Profile:  
Re: Eggs and chocolate milk

Chocolate milk is the number 1 best post workout drink ever formulated, nothing else can compare. I dont see how adding additional protein could hurt.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Preston Sprimont

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post
Chocolate milk is the number 1 best post workout drink ever formulated, nothing else can compare. I dont see how adding additional protein could hurt.
...That's a rather zealous praise of chocolate milk as a recovery drink. You really think there's nothing better? If so, I'm curious to hear your reasons.

As for the OP's post, sounds like a quick, (probably) tasty, easy to consume, and calorie dense breakfast. If I wasn't so hesitant about gulping down raw eggs, I'd probably give it a try for a recovery shake or something.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
David Fletcher

Profile:

Quote:
Tell that to my digestive system.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

Reasons:

1. Delicious
2. Protein
3. Fat
4. Carbs
5. Delicious

Chocolate milk can not cause any type of digestive problems, its all in your mind. I suggest drinking more milk not less. Milk will cure all that ails you. Don't be afrain to add more chocolate. I will also allow for chocolate protein powder mixed with milk and I wont even specify 0% 1% 2% whole raw organic etc... just get some milk and some choclaty goodness mix them together and get that into your belly asap. If you start to put on fat, workout more.

Those are the rules, I take paypal donations for my fitness and nutrition advice.

Edit: If you comlplain about sugar in chocolate milk see a doctor and have your stick removed. That is all.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Nice post Rob

I dislike raw eggs, so it's sometimes a punnet of strawberries and some chocolate milk for me.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Preston Sprimont

Profile:

Quote:
Reasons:

1. Delicious
2. Protein
3. Fat
4. Carbs
5. Delicious

Chocolate milk can not cause any type of digestive problems, its all in your mind. I suggest drinking more milk not less. Milk will cure all that ails you. Don't be afrain to add more chocolate. I will also allow for chocolate protein powder mixed with milk and I wont even specify 0% 1% 2% whole raw organic etc... just get some milk and some choclaty goodness mix them together and get that into your belly asap. If you start to put on fat, workout more.

Those are the rules, I take paypal donations for my fitness and nutrition advice.

Edit: If you comlplain about sugar in chocolate milk see a doctor and have your stick removed. That is all.
I myself have no problem with milk and drink it copiously on a daily basis. Sometimes I even like some chocolate with it. And I agree that all five of your points apply to chocolate milk... but I also think that all five of your points could apply to, say, Cup O' Noodles.
Really, I just can't tell how sarcastic you're being You're leaving me stumped.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Quote:
Chocolate milk can not cause any type of digestive problems, its all in your mind.
...unless you're lactose intolerant. Sadly, it cannot be overcome with a little mind-over-matter.

You haven't felt a p****d off digestive system until you've added milk when it doesn't want it.

When Hightower gets into gear and edges into 100yd game territory, I'll start believing his nutrition gospel.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Kevin Simons

Profile:

I'm not sure why you'd do chocolate milk first thing in the morning... It's great for recovery post workout though. Myself, I drink a gallon of raw goat milk and a dozen raw eggs every day. Hasn't hurt me at all.
m 23 5'7" 192 lbs. Angie 9:13, Grace @ 225lbs 4:15, Elizabeth 3:40, Fran 2:09, King Kong 2:11, Back Squat 505, Deadlift 505, Press 235, C+J 325, Snatch 255. Log | YouTube
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #10
Mitch Jensen

Profile:

Hightower will take care of that for you this weekend against the Cardinals!!!
Go Skins!

I was thinking about drinking this in the morning before I leave for school...I generally don't workout until noon. PWO I take hydrowhey.