CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Adam L Tar

Profile:
I need of some help

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum although I have been doing crossfit for going on 2 years now. I have been on pretty much strict paleo for most of the time but, have began to add a few things in that I have missed to much. I have added in moderate fruit, nuts, and dairy e.g. cheese and half and half organic. Basically, I am searching for a way to get my six pack to completely show through. I have just a little bit of fat left towards the bottom part of my stomach and can not get it to go away. I have cut sugar,nuts, and dairy out of my diet for about a three month period and didn't see many changes. I have been and currently eat twice a day with a fast in between no snacking. I eat about a pound of meat, with veggies, and eat until I am full. I will then have a handful of nuts if I still feel hungry. I have tried oxielitepro fat burner to see if it would give me that extra push. It helped but, I did not like the way it made me feel. I have had all of my blood work done, and all of my levels are great. Basically, I have run out of ideas. My trainers says I need to cut fruit out entirely again but, I have been there and tried that. Any ideas would be great. I am looking for a solution that wont affect my training but, will get me to where I want to be visually. thanks.

Adam
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: I need of some help

What does your training look like now? What are your lift numbers like?

For many people, the best way to see abs is to make your abs stronger.

Katherine
Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Adam L Tar

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
What does your training look like now? What are your lift numbers like?

For many people, the best way to see abs is to make your abs stronger.

Katherine
Deadlift 415
Bench 275
back squat 275
Press 145
Diane Time 6:42
Helen Time 10:12

I don't remember my other lift numbers off the top of my head. I do WODS 4 to 5 times a week, and 5/3/1 3 days out of the 5 with weekends off.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam L Tar View Post
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum although I have been doing crossfit for going on 2 years now. I have been on pretty much strict paleo for most of the time but, have began to add a few things in that I have missed to much. I have added in moderate fruit, nuts, and dairy e.g. cheese and half and half organic. Basically, I am searching for a way to get my six pack to completely show through. I have just a little bit of fat left towards the bottom part of my stomach and can not get it to go away. I have cut sugar,nuts, and dairy out of my diet for about a three month period and didn't see many changes. I have been and currently eat twice a day with a fast in between no snacking. I eat about a pound of meat, with veggies, and eat until I am full. I will then have a handful of nuts if I still feel hungry. I have tried oxielitepro fat burner to see if it would give me that extra push. It helped but, I did not like the way it made me feel. I have had all of my blood work done, and all of my levels are great. Basically, I have run out of ideas. My trainers says I need to cut fruit out entirely again but, I have been there and tried that. Any ideas would be great. I am looking for a solution that wont affect my training but, will get me to where I want to be visually. thanks.

Adam

well what are you willing to change in your diet or exercise programs. obviously if you want a different result you will have to change something. are you willing to try a different workout? eat more frequently? eat something other than paleo? drop the nuts, dairy, or fruit? have you tried other supplements and are you willing to try some? there are lots of people that get ripped. most don't follow crossfit or paleo. some do.

also, are you willing to have your performance suffer in order to acheive your goal? pat sherwood has said in many crossfit vids that most people will perform best a little heavier than they will look best and vice versa. bodybuilders always feel their worst when they look their best. once you got to your goal weight or look or bodyfat, you could probably bring performance back up some and maintain, but in the meantime are you willing to let the energy and strength go a bit to lose the gut?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Dave Traeger

Profile:

If you lost weight it'd happen, which means less food, which means less performance. All your lifts go down and so does your performance.

That's your call to make.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

www.bodybuilding.com wfs
Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Ben Croese

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam L Tar View Post
Hey guys,

I have been and currently eat twice a day with a fast in between no snacking.

Adam
I'd say that by now the body is holding onto that fat from constantly fasting. It's keeping some energy reserves in case the next meal doesn't come along. Maybe try spreading ur meals into smaller regular snacks so there is a constant intake of nutrients for a few weeks then go back to your 2 meal a day plan.