CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 06-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Albert Rodriguez

Profile:
Liability Insurance Question

I got my CF-L1 a couple of months ago and started working at a local affiliate as an independent contractor. I am wondering if I should get my own liability issuance and if so who is a good company to go with.

Thanks,
Albert
Old 06-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Andy Kauth

Profile:
Re: Liability Insurance Question

I have somewhat of a similar situation ... check with the affiliate owner and see if their insurance covers you. If not (my affiliate owner's insurance did not), check with your broker (mine could have but it would have been pretty expensive). I opted for the CF RRG insurance through Nexo, and I have been happy with the coverage/service.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Gonzalo Fernandez

Profile:

Albert,
Not sure how many replies you'll get here in the health and medical issues forum. Try posting in the "running a crossfit facility forum", you may get more answers.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Albert Rodriguez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalo Fernandez View Post
Albert,
Not sure how many replies you'll get here in the health and medical issues forum. Try posting in the "running a crossfit facility forum", you may get more answers.
K thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Albert Rodriguez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Kauth View Post
I have somewhat of a similar situation ... check with the affiliate owner and see if their insurance covers you. If not (my affiliate owner's insurance did not), check with your broker (mine could have but it would have been pretty expensive). I opted for the CF RRG insurance through Nexo, and I have been happy with the coverage/service.
I looked in to that but there is not a lot of info on the website. Do you know if it covers Mobile of in home personal training we do out of the box?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Andy Kauth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Rodriguez View Post
Do you know if it covers Mobile of in home personal training we do out of the box?
Not exactly certain what you mean by "Mobile of in home personal training we do out of the box" but am assuming you are asking if they cover you in or out of the box ... my understanding is that they do (doesn't matter to them if you are in a box, in your garage, or at a park ...

Best to ask them, of course ... they respond quickly to e-mails in my experience.