CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Jordan Wallace

Profile:
My Proposed WO Plan For 3 Weeks.

Oryt guys, just thought i would share my planned workouts for the next 3 weeks, just to see peoples opinions of what i have put together/planned.

Jordan.

Last edited by Jordan Wallace : 01-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
David Meverden

Profile:
Re: My Proposed WO Plan For 3 Weeks.

1) Off hand this looks like WAY too much volume. Four strength workouts, 5 endurance workouts, and 4 metcons in one week? Almost nobody will be able to keep up with that. Unless you have recovery abilities on par with Mikko Salo you've got to find stuff to cut. What are your goals and your history?

2) Assistance exercises. Seems like you are going a little nuts with these. Why so many assistance exercises and how did you select them? Based on the rep numbers for the primary lifts it looks like you are trying to adapt a Wendlers 5/3/1 program, but the assistance work doesn't use the same exercises or the same matching scheme as he uses in his examples. I would drop the assistance exercises and replace them with the kind of high rep sets CrossFit Strength Bias uses, or at least use an assistance schemes closer to what Wendler recommends, preferably one with less volume.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
Jordan Wallace

Profile:
Re: My Proposed WO Plan For 3 Weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
1) Off hand this looks like WAY too much volume. Four strength workouts, 5 endurance workouts, and 4 metcons in one week? Almost nobody will be able to keep up with that. Unless you have recovery abilities on par with Mikko Salo you've got to find stuff to cut. What are your goals and your history?

2) Assistance exercises. Seems like you are going a little nuts with these. Why so many assistance exercises and how did you select them? Based on the rep numbers for the primary lifts it looks like you are trying to adapt a Wendlers 5/3/1 program, but the assistance work doesn't use the same exercises or the same matching scheme as he uses in his examples. I would drop the assistance exercises and replace them with the kind of high rep sets CrossFit Strength Bias uses, or at least use an assistance schemes closer to what Wendler recommends, preferably one with less volume.

Thanks For the reply man. My background is that i am a runner but have gotten into strength training, im 17, 65kg BW and have got a 115kg BS, 95kg FS, 60kg OH press, 65kg C&J, 155kg DL and 85kg BP. I also run half marathons and other running stuff.

1) I am currently actually doing more volume than this atm, so this is gonna be easier for me, i think i can handle this volume as i have done more in the past.

2) I have just done my first cycle of 5/3/1 and it works really well, used the 5x10 @ 55-60% he recommends and it just fills me with DOMS and makes me feel bad. Because of this im gonna try using low volume, high intensity (lower reps with higher weight)