CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Stephen Macioci

Profile:
The reality of crossfit

Now we all know CrossFitting will make you faster stronger more powerful etc etc,, and getting PR's on your fran or your heavy lifts are so rewarding and show the measure of your progress.. all great things that i love. BUT today i really saw the "reality" of my crossfit training in regular everyday work. I had to move 30 100lb stall mats about 5 times a piece. my grip never failed my body never got tired, and i hardly broke a sweat.. My father and a few others w me were like " how are you not tired" "how are you still going" noone even moved a mat but me. It was just so rewarding feeling STRONG and IN SHAPE for the first time in life.. CrosFit really is a wonderful thing and this was just a little thank you from me

Stephen Macioci
CrossFit IGNITE
Westwood, NJ
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
James Compora

Profile:
Re: The reality of CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Macioci View Post
Now we all know CrossFitting will make you faster stronger more powerful etc etc,, and getting PR's on your fran or your heavy lifts are so rewarding and show the measure of your progress.. all great things that i love. BUT today i really saw the "reality" of my CrossFit training in regular everyday work. I had to move 30 100lb stall mats about 5 times a piece. my grip never failed my body never got tired, and i hardly broke a sweat.. My father and a few others w me were like " how are you not tired" "how are you still going" noone even moved a mat but me. It was just so rewarding feeling STRONG and IN SHAPE for the first time in life.. CrosFit really is a wonderful thing and this was just a little thank you from me

Stephen Macioci
CrossFit IGNITE
Westwood, NJ
thats awesome stephen, ive had a few experiences like that also
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Brian Bedell

Profile:

I'm so happy I could cry. lol

I've had many of those too, it's nice not being like the rest of the lard asses. Good work!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Jason Peacock

Profile:

That is awesome, way to show them what "fit" means

I've been having the same experience remodeling my house - lugging garbage cans full of drywall, wheelbarrows full of brick, slinging jackhammers and crowbars, I've never been physically tired or sore after a weekend of work!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
Jared Ashley

Profile:

pretty cool, isn't it?

one of my revelations came when I was helping a friend move a couch (a pretty heavy one with two built-in recliners). he's out-weighs me by about 100 lbs, but isn't what I'd call fat... the kind of dude that would be thin if he weighed 220. So obviously, despite my workout ethic, he's much stronger in absolute terms. We ended up having to carry it a good distance... probably about 2+ continuous minutes... that's a long time to hold onto a heavy couch. At the end, despite his greater initial strength, he was the one struggling. Breathing hard, dripping sweat, cramped arms and fingers. Me? It was getting pretty tough to maintain grip, but aside from that there was plenty left in the tank. That moment made me realize just how effective the program really is.