CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-08-2005, 03:35 AM   #21
Graham Tidey

Profile:
First of all, Hi Matthew.

Secondly: Trust us! Look at the testimonials section of the forum to see how many people have shed the pounds or lost any skepticism about the Crossfit approach. In fact, ask anyone if they would ever go back to cardio and then weights. (Many of us started that way.)

Sometimes it seems like no-one is happy unless they are changing their programmes every two days. I've learnt to "just do the WoD and shut up", because it works.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 PM   #22
Matthew Townsend

Profile:
WoD 2 done. :-)

Okay, I'll trust you all. But, given how sore my legs are this morning, I'm beginning to realise that weight loss could come from this program quite easily.

I have another question, what about my aerobic fitness? Again, this morning I felt as I didn't work out properly because I didn't get my heart working.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #23
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Today's WOD isn't for aerobic fitness, yesterday's was. Maybe tomorrow will have us breathing hard and our hearts pumping or maybe it won't. That's the way CrossFit is, sometimes pure cardio like 5km run, sometimes pure strength like deadlift singles, but mostly somewhere in between. Your cardio will go through the roof on this stuff! Trust me!:wink:

Keep doing the workouts, keep asking questions, but the workouts will answer most of your questions!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #24
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Matt, Keep doing the WOD's if you think you need more work, then by all means do it. CF is a means to an end, but not the only one. Train hard and train smart!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:46 AM   #25
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Good job Matthew! Run "Tabata intervals" in Google and look for studies. I think a study is posted on Clarence Bass' web site. What you will find is high intensity intervals develop anerobic and aerobic fitness effectively, it also rips off fat. Check out todays workout "Diane".
Old 06-09-2005, 04:53 AM   #26
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Matthew...as a read cardio addict, I can promise you that WODs will handle it. As was pointed out...we've just had a couple of workouts that didn't tax the cardiovascular system. Give it a couple of days, inevitably one will come around that will have you on the ground sucking wind w/a heart rate of about 180.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #27
Matthew Townsend

Profile:
Okay, this is looking good. I did my third WoD this morning and followed up with a class of Body Attack. When it got to the lunges, I sat down and waited because it was too painful after the WoD two days ago. I can hardly walk, seriously.

Anyway, down to 83kgs and falling.

Have you noticed that with each WoD you get about a third of the way into it, and you then you think to yourself... "Uh-oh, this is going to get ugly."

Looking forward to the rest day. :-)