CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Andrew Craig

Profile:
A little confused about process of affiliation

Hi,

At some stage in the future (sooner rather than later) i would like to affiliate. I understand from looking at the FAQ's that you have to fill out the application form first but in that it asks for website and what space I have acquired.

Firstly how can i set up a website (crossfit) unless affiliated and god forbid i'm knocked back it would be a waste of money. I am in the u.k. and setting up a website with a developer is not cheap. I have seen on here there are some blog sites but can you use just those or do you need to purchase the crossfitwherever url.

Secondly i am currently looking for premises but will for now as I have been as a Personal Trainer, be using both open spaces, clients houses and unfortunately a "big Box". How do i go about putting this down on the application.

I am in the u.k. so if there are any other guys from the u.k. that have gone through the process and had similar circumstances it would be good to hear how you overcame them.

Cheers

A
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Colm O'Reilly

Profile:
Re: A little confused about process of affiliation

Andrew,

I'm from Ireland, and when applying for affiliation I didn't have the website or location set up.

I told them my proposed name - CF Ireland, and website. www.crossfit.ie. I wouldn't have been able to get the URL without the licence from CFHQ since .ie's are ruthlessly protected.

I also got a space after affiliation. Now perhaps this has changed since July but iirc there was no requirement to have a space.

Get in touch with Davie Easton in CrossFit Central Scotland, or Miles Key in CrossFit West Sussex. These two guys are as internet addicted as me, so will no doubt get back to you pretty quickly. Miles has only just set up himself so he'll be able to help. Plus it's a nice way to start off emailing the other UK affiliates just to say "Hi, I'm going for affiliation."

Hope this helps,
Colm
Old 01-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
Andrew Craig

Profile:
Re: A little confused about process of affiliation

Thanks Colm,

I have spoken with Miles and Andrew at London and they were very helpful.

Getting my letter off today hopefully.

Cheers

A