CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
11.6 Attempts

Has anyone attempted the 11.6 Fran ladder yet?

I did today and got up through 18 thrusters and got 6 c2b's. 114 reps total. I'll probably redo it in Florida next weekend since I was running on a single cup of coffee.

Any predictions on the beast scores?
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery
Member Eric Montgomery is offline
 
Eric Montgomery's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 7,413
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Well, 1 full Fran is 90 total reps, and seeing how there's plenty of guys who can do a non-CTB Fran in close to 2 mins and still not be completely crushed afterwards, I've gotta think there will be at least a handful getting 200+ total reps, or the equivalent of over 2 full Frans once you throw in the CTB requirement.

The nasty part about this one is that reps are increasing as you get tired rather than going 21-15-9 style, so your fatigue on each part is going to accumulate in a hurry and you won't have the luxury of switching movements just as you start to get tired on one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Jay Rhodes
Member Jay Rhodes is offline
 
Jay Rhodes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stoney Creek  ON Canada
Posts: 3,304
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Well, 1 full Fran is 90 total reps, and seeing how there's plenty of guys who can do a non-CTB Fran in close to 2 mins and still not be completely crushed afterwards, I've gotta think there will be at least a handful getting 200+ total reps, or the equivalent of over 2 full Frans once you throw in the CTB requirement.

The nasty part about this one is that reps are increasing as you get tired rather than going 21-15-9 style, so your fatigue on each part is going to accumulate in a hurry and you won't have the luxury of switching movements just as you start to get tired on one.
200 would be beastly. Someone will do it though.
__________________
27/5'10"/170 | training log | youtube | Athlete Page

Last edited by Jay Rhodes : 04-24-2011 at 01:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Aushion Chatman
Affiliate Aushion Chatman is offline
 
Aushion Chatman's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 3,342
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Josh Bridges, current 2nd place overall, did 3 fran's in 12 minutes two years ago. He is obviously, to me, fitter and stronger now than he was then, I wont be surprised by scores over 200 at all. Kid is a beast period!
__________________
My Youtube Channel
CFSD Yelp
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Daniel Frankel
Member Daniel Frankel is offline
 
Daniel Frankel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thornhill  ON Canada
Posts: 1,508
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
Has anyone attempted the 11.6 Fran ladder yet?

I did today and got up through 18 thrusters and got 6 c2b's. 114 reps total. I'll probably redo it in Florida next weekend since I was running on a single cup of coffee.

Any predictions on the beast scores?
Is 11.6 even out? I went to the games website, but could find nothing. If so, what is it?
__________________
Log | Youtube | M/18/69kg/5'6" | VO2 Max: 55.3 ml/kg/min | BS 163kg | FS 142kg | Sn 101kg | CJ 122kg |
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
Eric Montgomery
Member Eric Montgomery is offline
 
Eric Montgomery's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 7,413
Re: 11.6 Attempts

3 thrusters (100lb/65lb), 3 CTB pullups, 6 thrusters, 6 CTB pullups, 9/9, 12/12, etc., however many you can get up to in 7 minutes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Charles Applin
Member Charles Applin is offline
 
Charles Applin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yokosuka 横須賀  Kanagawa 神&#2
Posts: 437
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
Is 11.6 even out? I went to the games website, but could find nothing. If so, what is it?
CFHQ released the rules for 11.6 last week to account for loss of a week when 11.1 got extended. It allows individuals and affiliates to do the WOD ahead of time (or as originally scheduled depending on how you look at it). However, everyone still has to wait until Tuesday to enter in any early scores.

The WOD looks cool. Wonder if that couplet format will be used for later mainpage WOD. Probably term it a "Ladder Couplet" or "Ladder Triplet" to simplify matters.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
200 would be beastly. Someone will do it though.
I have a Fran of a few seconds under 4 minutes and got 114 reps on 11.6 the day after doing 11.5 - 200 is definitely do-able.

I never do C2B, so that was the worst part. The thrusters were cake.
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
Jay Rhodes
Member Jay Rhodes is offline
 
Jay Rhodes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stoney Creek  ON Canada
Posts: 3,304
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
I have a Fran of a few seconds under 4 minutes and got 114 reps on 11.6 the day after doing 11.5 - 200 is definitely do-able.

I never do C2B, so that was the worst part. The thrusters were cake.
I have a feeling mine will be the same way....
I haven't done fran since October I think, but it was 2:38. Been working more on C2B lately because I know its easier to judge in competition.
I did a bit of practice for this one yesterday....3-6-9, etc up to 18, thrusters at 115lbs, and a short run in between. Went up to 15 unbroken, then 10-8.
Its gonna get nasty, but I think this one is a better test than most of the open wods so far.
__________________
27/5'10"/170 | training log | youtube | Athlete Page
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #10
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
I have a feeling mine will be the same way....
I haven't done fran since October I think, but it was 2:38. Been working more on C2B lately because I know its easier to judge in competition.
I did a bit of practice for this one yesterday....3-6-9, etc up to 18, thrusters at 115lbs, and a short run in between. Went up to 15 unbroken, then 10-8.
Its gonna get nasty, but I think this one is a better test than most of the open wods so far.
Yeah, this is probably one of the most "crossfitty" WOD's so far. Old school stuff with a slight twist. I was really surprised that they actually threw in pull-ups. I imagine it is hard to verify when people are filming in their garages.
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More squat, deadlift attempts Jack Lyons Digital Coaching 11 03-30-2009 12:42 PM
First attempts at power clean Jack Lyons Digital Coaching 6 03-29-2009 07:44 PM
Christian's attempts to hurt himself Christian Mason Workout Logs 23 01-13-2009 08:12 AM
Clean and Jerk attempts Mischa Williams Exercises 3 12-02-2008 02:22 PM
CFT and missed attempts Joe Marsh Workout of the Day 1 03-03-2007 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.