CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Matthew Swartz

Profile:
11.6 Attempts

Has anyone attempted the 11.6 Fran ladder yet?

I did today and got up through 18 thrusters and got 6 c2b's. 114 reps total. I'll probably redo it in Florida next weekend since I was running on a single cup of coffee.

Any predictions on the beast scores?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: 11.6 Attempts

Well, 1 full Fran is 90 total reps, and seeing how there's plenty of guys who can do a non-CTB Fran in close to 2 mins and still not be completely crushed afterwards, I've gotta think there will be at least a handful getting 200+ total reps, or the equivalent of over 2 full Frans once you throw in the CTB requirement.

The nasty part about this one is that reps are increasing as you get tired rather than going 21-15-9 style, so your fatigue on each part is going to accumulate in a hurry and you won't have the luxury of switching movements just as you start to get tired on one.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Well, 1 full Fran is 90 total reps, and seeing how there's plenty of guys who can do a non-CTB Fran in close to 2 mins and still not be completely crushed afterwards, I've gotta think there will be at least a handful getting 200+ total reps, or the equivalent of over 2 full Frans once you throw in the CTB requirement.

The nasty part about this one is that reps are increasing as you get tired rather than going 21-15-9 style, so your fatigue on each part is going to accumulate in a hurry and you won't have the luxury of switching movements just as you start to get tired on one.
200 would be beastly. Someone will do it though.

Last edited by Jay Rhodes : 04-24-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Josh Bridges, current 2nd place overall, did 3 fran's in 12 minutes two years ago. He is obviously, to me, fitter and stronger now than he was then, I wont be surprised by scores over 200 at all. Kid is a beast period!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
Has anyone attempted the 11.6 Fran ladder yet?

I did today and got up through 18 thrusters and got 6 c2b's. 114 reps total. I'll probably redo it in Florida next weekend since I was running on a single cup of coffee.

Any predictions on the beast scores?
Is 11.6 even out? I went to the games website, but could find nothing. If so, what is it?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

3 thrusters (100lb/65lb), 3 CTB pullups, 6 thrusters, 6 CTB pullups, 9/9, 12/12, etc., however many you can get up to in 7 minutes.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Charles Applin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
Is 11.6 even out? I went to the games website, but could find nothing. If so, what is it?
CFHQ released the rules for 11.6 last week to account for loss of a week when 11.1 got extended. It allows individuals and affiliates to do the WOD ahead of time (or as originally scheduled depending on how you look at it). However, everyone still has to wait until Tuesday to enter in any early scores.

The WOD looks cool. Wonder if that couplet format will be used for later mainpage WOD. Probably term it a "Ladder Couplet" or "Ladder Triplet" to simplify matters.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
200 would be beastly. Someone will do it though.
I have a Fran of a few seconds under 4 minutes and got 114 reps on 11.6 the day after doing 11.5 - 200 is definitely do-able.

I never do C2B, so that was the worst part. The thrusters were cake.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
I have a Fran of a few seconds under 4 minutes and got 114 reps on 11.6 the day after doing 11.5 - 200 is definitely do-able.

I never do C2B, so that was the worst part. The thrusters were cake.
I have a feeling mine will be the same way....
I haven't done fran since October I think, but it was 2:38. Been working more on C2B lately because I know its easier to judge in competition.
I did a bit of practice for this one yesterday....3-6-9, etc up to 18, thrusters at 115lbs, and a short run in between. Went up to 15 unbroken, then 10-8.
Its gonna get nasty, but I think this one is a better test than most of the open wods so far.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #10
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
I have a feeling mine will be the same way....
I haven't done fran since October I think, but it was 2:38. Been working more on C2B lately because I know its easier to judge in competition.
I did a bit of practice for this one yesterday....3-6-9, etc up to 18, thrusters at 115lbs, and a short run in between. Went up to 15 unbroken, then 10-8.
Its gonna get nasty, but I think this one is a better test than most of the open wods so far.
Yeah, this is probably one of the most "crossfitty" WOD's so far. Old school stuff with a slight twist. I was really surprised that they actually threw in pull-ups. I imagine it is hard to verify when people are filming in their garages.