CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Sasha Specht

Profile:
Eating enough blocks?

Hello im trying to figure out if im eating enough blocks for my size and my exercise level. I've been doing crossfit for about 2 months and have been getting some great results but over the past week or so ive been feeling a lot hungry than i used to be. I've been doing the zone for about 2 months. I follow 16 block regiment on days I dont workout out but on days I do workout I have an extra 2 block snack for a post workout.

I am a 196lb male with 13% body fat done by a calipers test about a week ago.

as my workout schedule I follow the 3 days on one days program pretty strictly with an occasion 2-3 mile run a couple times a week.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Eating enough blocks?

16-18 blocks is in the neighborhood of 1600-2000 calories. That's not enough for an active 196lb man. My advice would be to not worry so much about blocks and eat quality (i.e. Paleo) food when you're hungry. Stop eating when you're full. Repeat when you're hungry again. If you're constantly hungry that's usually a sign you're not eating enough to fuel your activity or support recovery and muscle gain.