CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Andrew Chong

Profile:
Choosing shoes

i have 2 questions:

1. What shoes should i get?
2. What does 'true to size' mean?

I've been wearing a pair of Vibram fivefinger sprints since April or May and the fabric on top of my toes are beginning to wear out (tiny holes are beginning to form) whereas the sole is totally fine; albeit with some of the tread pattern worn away. As such, i'm beginning to look for a replacement.

I'm considering getting the Bikilas but i find it rather expensive at over S$200 and i don't like that it is thicker in the ball than sole.

In essence, my budget is anything below S$200 (US$143), is lightweight, has minimal cushioning, a generally flat sole and is wide. My feet are rather wide - approx. 25 cm long and 11cm across. (i wear a size 41 on the sprints).
This leads me to my next question

2. what does 'true to size' mean? I've heard of the Inov-8 flite 230s but there are no retailers in Singapore and i won't know how they fit.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Albert Chang

Profile:
Re: Choosing shoes

Meh, I always liked my VFF's. If I had the money, I'd also add weightlifting shoes in there too.

true to size means if you wear a size 9, you can expect a size 9 to also fit you. Otherwise it'd suggest sizing up or sizing down a certain amount.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Brian Michael Carr

Profile:
Re: Choosing shoes

I've got 3 different pairs of shoes in my bag.

1. Tennis Shoes for WODs that include lots of running and double unders. I spent a 100 bucks on a good pair.

2. Converses for WODs that have lots of deadlifts and gymnastics. I designed a pair on converse.com

3. Oly Shoes for olympic lifting. I bought the new pendlay shoes from pendlay.com. They are amazing shoes and aren't bad on the price; however I did find them cheaper on neptunebarbell.com. You'll save about 10-11 dollars because of free shipping.