CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
Chris Goodrich

Profile:
I've been Zone-ing for a few weeks now and have been pretty happy with the results. However, I'm a soldier and my "real world" firness challenges are fuelled by MREs and other non-Zone army chow. I've been reading alot of posts recently about performance drop-off during the transition onto the zone. I'm wondering if I'll experience the same thing coming off, and if its worth switching off of the zone a week or two prior to a field problem or deployment in order to avoid being in a slump in the field. Thoughts or experiences from the nutritional cognoscenti would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Chris, when I go off the Zone, even for one meal, I feel it...sluggish, bloated, etc. I have to guess it varies per individual, but I would "field test" to see what happens, prior to going to the real field.