CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #41
Ian Staab

Profile:
Re: abstinence and athletic performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
Like how when your going for a big snatch you approach it the exact same way every time an if you miss something in your little pre-lift routine it messes with your head and throws you off.
Given the context of this thread, I had to read this a few times to get it...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #42
Stu Christensen

Profile:

I am shocked (actually I'm not) that not one lady has replied to this thread. lol
Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #43
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Nigh View Post
blue balls is a myth made up to convince high school girls to give it up.

HS meathead: "You cant leave me like this now, after getting me all worked up, I'll get blue balls!"

HS prom queen wannabe: "Aw, poor little thing! ok, but just dont get me preggers!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
True, but it's no fun to be denied once your almost at the point of no return.

Fun isn't the word, abuse is more like it. Call it physical or mental, whichever.

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about. I wish it was made up...

Maybe you have never actually had a long enough...encounter? to have induced blue balls but I have and good lord it is horrible!!! Your balls are all bruised and tender feeling, like you just got kicked really hard, but it lasts for hours..... Pray to God you never have to experience it.

And in Response to Stu, one woman has in fact responded

In my experience it is best to just maintain your norm. If you are getting busy all the time and then abstain, it will mess you up. If you are on a dry spell and then get some right before the big game, it will mess you up. Consistency is key

Last edited by Robert Callahan : 05-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #44
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Robb, yep, it's like being backhanded in the gonads.

Jason, in the study the subjects were not allowed to ejaculate at all. A 7 day study sounds like the subjects decided to rebel after the 7th day. So T-levels went up, let's quit this stupidity.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #45
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Staab View Post
Given the context of this thread, I had to read this a few times to get it...
Ha ha... Brilliant
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #46
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
I don't know WTF you guys are talking about. I wish it was made up...
I haven't seen it "confirmed" on Mythbusters yet but I agree with Robert and Blair that it is both true and horrible.

So Stephanie is the only one tough enough to come play in the big boys thread
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #47
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

HI. I have to go back and read the whole thread now.. but I'm tough enough fo sho! LOL Be back.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #48
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

OK. This will be long!

Sex Good, Abstinence Bad - Check!

Dudes. Are any of you REALLY at that level of training where you would alter your sex life for your WODs? Really? I see how it could be a fun experiment.. OK! Paper? Check. Pencil? Check. Two weeks ago I got laid.. haven't had any "real sex" since then, so didn't expend any energy, but.. um, brought myself to the brink this morning.. (omg I am so angry right now!) t levels are up... FRAN TIME IS????

Or.. Gonna do Murph, do I jerk off this morning, or just bring myself to brink and see if I can get my time down by 20 seconds?

SERIOUSLY? I'm not making fun of it, but we are talking about professional fighters going out into the ring to risk life and limb and a whole lot of money, who may be a lot more aggressive after two weeks of abstinence and NEED it to try to kill their opponent, as opposed to those of us who go out 3-6 times a week and dance with our barbells and our metcons.

So. As a woman who is tough enough to respond to this, I think CrossFit makes y'all look better naked. If, by chance, I want to get naked with a CrossFitter who wants to get naked with me, he better not, and I mean better not EVER say something like - um, honey, it's "that time of the month now" where I take two weeks off because we are doing Fran again in two weeks and.. well.. you know how important that is to me!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #49
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Schreiber View Post
SERIOUSLY? I'm not making fun of it, but
I am, at least.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #50
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Schreiber View Post
OK. This will be long!

Sex Good, Abstinence Bad - Check!

Dudes. Are any of you REALLY at that level of training where you would alter your sex life for your WODs? Really? I see how it could be a fun experiment.. OK! Paper? Check. Pencil? Check. Two weeks ago I got laid.. haven't had any "real sex" since then, so didn't expend any energy, but.. um, brought myself to the brink this morning.. (omg I am so angry right now!) t levels are up... FRAN TIME IS????

Or.. Gonna do Murph, do I jerk off this morning, or just bring myself to brink and see if I can get my time down by 20 seconds?

SERIOUSLY? I'm not making fun of it, but we are talking about professional fighters going out into the ring to risk life and limb and a whole lot of money, who may be a lot more aggressive after two weeks of abstinence and NEED it to try to kill their opponent, as opposed to those of us who go out 3-6 times a week and dance with our barbells and our metcons.

So. As a woman who is tough enough to respond to this, I think CrossFit makes y'all look better naked. If, by chance, I want to get naked with a CrossFitter who wants to get naked with me, he better not, and I mean better not EVER say something like - um, honey, it's "that time of the month now" where I take two weeks off because we are doing Fran again in two weeks and.. well.. you know how important that is to me!

Best post ever!