CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Profile:
Smile Affiliate Coaching is awesome

I posted this in my log, but I wanted to share to everyone out there.

I have been reading about Crossfit for over 2 months, and have been doing a SS cycle for about 6 weeks now. I really wanted to get to an affiliate to make sure that my form is correct.

The trainers at my local box were awesome, and I have to say... I am very sore right now and we didn't even move hardly any weight! I am very inflexible in the hamstrings and in the shoulders... so keeping my chest out and pinching my shoulder blades together on squats and deadlifts is very taxing on me. I am glad that I went though, and have 2 more intro classes out there.

It was good to hear that they have had people more inflexible than me, and that these people have made great progress within a month or 2 but doing more and more shoulder dislocate stretches.

I just wanted to say to the "Starting" forum people... if you think that you need training, DO NOT HESITATE to go to an affiliate and at the very least sign up for their "intro" sessions. Well worth it.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:
Re: Affiliate Coaching is awesome

Most definitely... CrossFit OneWorld in Union City California is close to me. Their 3 intro deal and monthly fees look like more than fair. Once I get a little extra money, I'm definitely going to go.

Being a personal trainer myself, I know that there's nothing like one on one training. I was trying to learn kipping pull ups from the Annie Tutorial vids and it helped tremendously but I didn't really "get it" until I had two of my co-workers who've been CFing for a while critique and show me...

It's definitely money well spent.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

I can't agree more. I was working with a personal trainer at my gym, and he definitely got me started down the path. But, today was my 5th session at the affiliate, and the quality of the coaching is phenomenal. Just a totally different environment and attitude. Love it.

Tamara
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
John C Corona

Profile:

yup. I use to think people were just trying to sell memberships, but it's just priceless to be able to learn these movements with one on one help. I globo'd for too long before getting any coaching. That was 8 months I 'thought' I was crossfitting.