CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #961
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: The Wolverines Log

Saturday November 19
Incline Bench Press 2x10: 135

Pull-ups 2x10

Barbell Curls 2x8: 75

End of the deload week! Got sick this week and it's still hanging on today. Feeling really good otherwise. Played hockey this evening as well.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #962
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Monday November 21
Back at it today. I was so fired up it was insane. Starting a new cycle, but I'll try to organize the week a bit so I'm partially recovered for Saturday. Knees and elbows felt great!

Snatch 5x3 @ 70-80%: 165, 165, 165, 165, 175.
- felt a little off at first, I was throwing it out front. Didn't miss any. I corrected it by the end and decided to go up. The last set at 175 felt really good. The best one easily.

Front Squat 5RM: 295.
- it was... Not difficult. 10 pounds away from all time PR land. I'm so close I can taste it. I haven't been this close in a long time. It felt very solid today. No back off sets because competing on Saturday.

Snatch Pulls (straps) 3x5: 235.

Box Jumps from a low box: 3x5.
- Wore a 40 pound vest for the last two sets. I was honestly at a loss what to do here. I wanted more work in the legs but didn't want to be too sore. So... This I guess.

Hanging Leg Raises on Stall Bars 3x8
Old 11-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #963
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Tuesday November 22
Feelin great today. Pushed Wednesday's workout to today and dropped the jerks for recovery reasons. I'll do CJ and back squats on Thursday and that's it, so hopefully I'll be recovered enough to do okay on Saturday.

Bench Press 5,5,5+,FSL: 175, 200, 225x7, 175x15
- 2 reps over last month on my + set today.

Pendlay Row 4x10: 155

Piked Incline Push-up on Paralettes: 15, 15, 12
- these were fun. Piked my hips in the air and tried to really isolate my upper chest on them. They felt really good!

Dumbbell Curls 3x8: 40
Old 11-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #964
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Thursday November 24
Clean and Jerk: 215x3+1x2 sets, 215, 215, 215, 215.
- did two sets at 3+1 then decided to save the legs for Saturday. So I switched to just doing some singles.

Back Squat 5,5,5+: 240, 280, 315x8.
- felt very good today. Knee complained a little on the last set. Form was great.

And that's it for today. Saving my energy now for Saturday.

Been starting to have some hip pain on my left hip. It can be pretty sharp at times. It feels like it's right at the top of my femur on the side of my hip where it inserts into the socket. Walking and moving it feels fine. Sitting and lying down it starts to tighten up then when I stand it takes a bit to work it out. Nothing debilitating, it just bothers me and kind of worries me. I don't wanna have to stop squatting and lifting if this really develops into something.

We bought a new mattress today. Went all out and got memory foam. We've been waking up with back pain and other problems. Our mattress is really bad and old. Hopefully this will rejuvenate the sleep life and alleviate some of these aches that are developing.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #965
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Friday November 25
Hit the gym and made it snappy. I spent over an hour there today, but I did a lot of rolling and chillin. Don't wanna get any bit worked up. Had a great little session today.

Snatch up to 60%: 135
- hit a few reps until it was perfect then stopped. Spent a lot of time with light weights, not the bar cause I hate bar work. Ironed out some form points. Last rep was amazing.

Clean and Jerk up to 60%: 155
- same deal as snatch. Since I lifted yesterday already though I didn't need nearly as much form work. Everything felt great.

Ready for tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #966
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Saturday November 26

Manitoba Junior/Senior Championships
Body weight: 89kg which is unbelievable. I thought I was way heavier.
Snatch: 95, 100, 105x
Clean and Jerk: 115, 120, 125.

Went 5/6. Totally had that 105 height wise, just tossed it forward. Very fun meet, and lifted enough to take gold in my weight class! I was incredibly nervous which is why my snatches were so wobbly. Clean and Jerks went way better.

Best lifts on my Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNTGjGQDDlc/ (wfs)
Old 11-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #967
Brad Gerbrandt

Profile:

Hey Jordan,

Nice lifts! I buddy of mine was there and mentioned you did well. He posted your lifts on his FB page (Oxercise something).

Are you lifting at home or have you found a place in Steinbach?
Old 11-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #968
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

I felt pretty trashed Sunday and most of today. Once I was in the gym and warmed up though things went great!

Monday November 28
Snatch 6x2: 190x2x5 sets, 205x2.
- snatches felt amazing today. Started off a little rough during warmup but by the time I got up to working weight it was great. Didn't miss any so gave myself a bonus heavy double.

Front Squat 3RM, then 2x3 down sets: 315, 275, 275
- wow. 315. Didn't even feel like my top end. That's 5 pounds from matching an all time best. That's insane. I haven't been this close in years.

Klokov Trapi 3x8: 155.

Leg Raises on Stall Bars 4x8
Old 11-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #969
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gerbrandt View Post
Hey Jordan,

Nice lifts! I buddy of mine was there and mentioned you did well. He posted your lifts on his FB page (Oxercise something).

Are you lifting at home or have you found a place in Steinbach?
Hey Brad! Ha ha that's funny. Ya I ran into Mark a few weeks ago at a good friends powerlifting meet. I met that guy because he's married to my wife's cousin/close friend. When I saw him compete it fanned the competing flame and I set out to do whatever I had to do to get back on the platform. I contacted Colin, him and I had chatted over the years about me coaching for him but with my job it never worked out. I basically said hey I wanna compete, can we work something out and he was down. So he's being really good to me and letting me come in whenever as long as someone else is there. It's great being back in a proper gym, Colin has a good little community at crossfit steinbach.

And ya I was very happy with my results. The meet fell in the middle of a 3 week cycle but I just did it anyways. I've only been back at it for just over a month, but my total was good enough for a gold medal! Hopefully I can make it happen in February. There's a meet at prairie crossfit then that is going to be way more competitive than this one was.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #970
Brad Gerbrandt

Profile:

Good to hear! I follow Colin and Hilary's gym a bit and it looks like they have a good crew out there.

The PCF / Hercules comp should be a good one. I think that partnership has done well for both parties.

Good luck!