CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition

Nitrean+ - whey protein

Results - creatine + beta-alanine + HMB + dextrose

You can find all of this info and more on their website.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Jason Newland

Profile:

From the reviews here, I'm looking at picking up some of the ALN protein this next round (when I run out of my current tub).

My question is - what is the difference between Nitrean and Opticen? They both say that they are similar blends, and both mention that they're to be taken post-workout. So, what would cause me to buy one vs the other?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Newland View Post
From the reviews here, I'm looking at picking up some of the ALN protein this next round (when I run out of my current tub).

My question is - what is the difference between Nitrean and Opticen? They both say that they are similar blends, and both mention that they're to be taken post-workout. So, what would cause me to buy one vs the other?

Look at the carbs. Opticen has more carbs which is beneficial pwo.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. Mclaughlin View Post
What exactly is Nitrean? Also, is the "Results" sup something similar to a muscle hardening/cutting sup? I've been looking for some sups that give me better bang for my buck. This looks like a protein sup, a PreWOD sup, and creatine. Speaking of creatine, does ALN have any creatine supps?
Nitrean is their version of Whey protein with an added 5g of leucine. This is usually taken regularly however you would usually take your proteins.
Results is an altogether different animal. Chris says there is no need to time it during any certain point of your day. However, since it has a pretty heavy hit of carbs i usually pair my Nitrean and Results in one shaker and have them both PWO.

His BCAA's are also pretty great and I usually take them 10-20 minutes prior to any workout or if I have a workout fasted I usually take a dose of BCAA's as well. I am not a big follower of Pre-Workout drinks and have never used Chris's with any frequency. much caffeine for me, ive found from experimentation, before a wod is actually counter-productive.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Nitrean isn't really their version of whey, it is a protein blend so it contains whey but also other types of protein.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Jeff Enge

Profile:

True. I wrote that wrong on my summary and can't go back to correct it.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. Mclaughlin View Post
What exactly is Nitrean? Also, is the "Results" sup something similar to a muscle hardening/cutting sup? I've been looking for some sups that give me better bang for my buck. This looks like a protein sup, a PreWOD sup, and creatine. Speaking of creatine, does ALN have any creatine supps?
Plenty of info on the ALN website.

wfs http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

- Mark

Old 10-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cummings View Post
I didnt see any samples of Nitrean, but how are you all liking the flavoring of Nitrean? What is the consistency of the protein when mixed in water or milk, a thicker or thinner drink?

Was thinking about picking up:
Nitrean+ Black Chocolate
Nitrean+ Coffee
Nitrean+ coffee tastes great in water and makes for a pretty thin drink...it mixes very easily. You can make it a little thicker by adding milk or coconut milk.

Can't speak for the Nitrean Black, but the old-style Nitrean tasted just fine in chocolate flavor. As good or better than any other standard chocolate flavored whey I've had before.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Nitrean+ coffee tastes great in water and makes for a pretty thin drink...it mixes very easily. You can make it a little thicker by adding milk or coconut milk.

Can't speak for the Nitrean Black, but the old-style Nitrean tasted just fine in chocolate flavor. As good or better than any other standard chocolate flavored whey I've had before.
I just got the coffee one and it does taste good. I like all of Chris's products, but the coffee is my favorite right now. And Chris is a great dude and supporter of CrossFit. Good enough for me.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
John Reese

Profile:

Hey Chris, I have heard nothing but awesome reviews of your products so I have decided to switch over to your products. As you know I am following the conjugate method and am looking to increase muscle size and strength. In your opinion what would be the best AtLarge supplements to take with this goal in mind as well as your recommendations in regards to amounts?

Closed Thread