CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #11
Adam Rosner

Profile:
Re: Crossfit for leaning out

Well guys and gals, I appreciate the responses.

In regard to my diet, I am following an eat-stop-eat protocol for a few reasons. For those of you that aren't familiar it is basically 1-2 periods every week of 24hrs with no food. The rest of the time you are to eat "how you normally eat" (whatever that means). As it stands now I have simply refused to do a paleo/zone diet because I am trying to undo almost 10 years of obsessive compulsive eating. That being said I am eating relatively healthy, getting more than enough protein and trying to simply watch calories. That other stuff is something I can maybe worry about down the road.

The main reason I ask about crossfit for leaning out is because there is a lot of talk about stress and cortisol being factors when you are pushing the intensity all the time. That's fine when you're approaching it from an athletic perspective (elite athletics ain't all that healthy as a health/longevity deal etc), rather than a body comp perspective.

Some great responses though. It's just nice to hear some confirmation that I'm going to be ok haha.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
David Meverden

Profile:
Re: Crossfit for leaning out

Thanks for more info Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rosner View Post
As it stands now I have simply refused to do a paleo/zone diet because I am trying to undo almost 10 years of obsessive compulsive eating.
You were obsessive compulsive about eating so now you are going for Intermittent Fasting? Hmm. Seems something you could really easily become OCD about.

Zone lends itself to food obsession, but I don't think Paleo does so much. I guess you can drive yourself crazy about anything, and if you think IF is better for you you probably know better.