CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Christine Parry
Member Christine Parry is offline
 
Christine Parry's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 141
I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

I had just finished Barbara and was completely, utterly, and totally wiped. I sat down on the mats (okay, that's a lie. I kind of collapsed onto them) to catch my breath with the intention of stretching after I stopped seeing stars.

One thing lead to another I guess, because I woke up 15 minutes later when my watch alarm started beeping. I was out cold. I'm a civilian but work (and work out) on an AFB, and I can't imagine what all the AF dudes were thinking of the sweaty, comatose, possibly snoring pile of flesh over in the stretching corner.

Anyone have some extra dignity? I think I lost all of mine yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Brett Dartt
Member Brett Dartt is offline
 
Brett Dartt's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tacoma  WA
Posts: 983
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday



you get three.


and one to grow on
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Nathaniel Snider
Departed Nathaniel Snider is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 1970
 
Posts: 50
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Parry View Post

One thing lead to another I guess, because I woke up 15 minutes later when my watch alarm started beeping. I was out cold. I'm a civilian but work (and work out) on an AFB, and I can't imagine what all the AF dudes were thinking of the sweaty, comatose, possibly snoring pile of flesh over in the stretching corner.
have a little civilian pride. Unless they were doing something equally hard they've got no grounds to judge
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Christine Parry
Member Christine Parry is offline
 
Christine Parry's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 141
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Snider View Post
have a little civilian pride. Unless they were doing something equally hard they've got no grounds to judge
Well, for those that didn't see me working out, all they saw was a girl in spandex sleeping in the corner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Vanessa Lee
Member Vanessa Lee is offline
 
Vanessa Lee's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai  UAE
Posts: 230
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

Sleep is never bad! And you only fell asleep AFTER the workout so
__________________
Totally nucking futs since '83
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Departed
Departed Departed is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
 
Posts: 112
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

You. Are. My. Hero.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Vanessa Lee
Member Vanessa Lee is offline
 
Vanessa Lee's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai  UAE
Posts: 230
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

PS - It's good you didn't fall asleep here - you would have woken up with a LOT of male company
__________________
Totally nucking futs since '83
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Michael Ricketts
Member Michael Ricketts is offline
 
Michael Ricketts's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oak Harbor  WA
Posts: 264
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Parry View Post
I had just finished Barbara and was completely, utterly, and totally wiped. I sat down on the mats (okay, that's a lie. I kind of collapsed onto them) to catch my breath with the intention of stretching after I stopped seeing stars.

One thing lead to another I guess, because I woke up 15 minutes later when my watch alarm started beeping. I was out cold. I'm a civilian but work (and work out) on an AFB, and I can't imagine what all the AF dudes were thinking of the sweaty, comatose, possibly snoring pile of flesh over in the stretching corner.

Anyone have some extra dignity? I think I lost all of mine yesterday.
Best recovery story ever!!
__________________
M|239lbs|74"|26yo|21% BF
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
Jeff Yan
Member Jeff Yan is offline
 
Jeff Yan's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York City  New York
Posts: 868
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

There is no shame. Experienced CFers recognize Barbara as one of the most debilitating WODs, and it's not uncommon to find CFers completely incapacitated after doing her.

The last time I did her, I ended up with a hangover headache for about an hour.

I've also nodded off after having done 100 burpees for time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
Christine Parry
Member Christine Parry is offline
 
Christine Parry's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 141
Re: I fell asleep at the gym yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post
There is no shame. Experienced CFers recognize Barbara as one of the most debilitating WODs, and it's not uncommon to find CFers completely incapacitated after doing her.

The last time I did her, I ended up with a hangover headache for about an hour.

I've also nodded off after having done 100 burpees for time.
Ugh, I know what you mean about the headache. I'm trying to IF now, but having problems determining optimal "feeding window" times. At first I tried to do one long fast most days and just have a single 6 hour block, but since I usually do 2 workouts a day, my body's having problems functioning on that. I'm currently trying 2 meals spaced far apart with at least one of the workouts in between. That's going better for me -- not optimal, but we're working on it over here.

Did I mention that after my nap, I talked with a cute guy I see occasionally at my gym for a couple minutes? Yeah, awesome -- until I got to the locker room, checked the mirror, and realized that I had crosshatched lines on my face from the floor mats that I had planted myself on while sleeping.
Yeah. Good job Christine. Smooooooth.

I guess you could say I got PWNed -- Post Workout Napped.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Started, LOVED IT, Tried something else, FELL APART! Vince Oropesa Starting 15 10-12-2009 04:10 PM
wrist falls asleep Chris Puckett Health and Medical Issues 5 04-02-2009 11:45 AM
I fell off the wagon Liam McKarry Nutrition 3 01-22-2009 07:48 AM
Fell off the Zone wagon...need advice Joe Shininger Nutrition 9 03-14-2008 11:34 AM
Limb fell asleep during overhead squats Troy Archie Fitness 9 12-06-2004 05:07 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.