CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Luke Rossmo

Profile:
firstly, after doing a bunch of pull ups (30+) my forarms get sharp pains in them. Im just wondering if im not used to the bazzilions of pull ups and it will go away or if i actually have a problem.
secondly, i broke my leg about 4 years ago and now when doing squats it forces itself out to an extreme agle makeing squats more difficult then usual. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it.
Another question regarding squats... my knees make a cracking noise after i've done a squatting activity. Before CF i never really did many squats. Again is my body just adjusting or do i have a problem?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
1. Your questions go in the injury/medical forum, not this one. :-)

2. Pullups: could be some type of forearm splints or tendonitis or something. It would be more helpful if you could describe the area where the pain is.

3. Hmm, even with a broken leg assuming it healed right squats shouldn't force your legs out to odd angles. Could it be your technique?

4. Cracking/popping/clicking noises are fine as long as they aren't painful. Usually they are just fluid moving around like when you crack your knuckles. If they are painful then something is probably wrong but if not I wouldn't worry about it too much.