CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 AM   #191
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

9-6

felt good enough on saturday to train MA for 3+ hours.

9-7

made it to gym to do a lot of stick SLDL and GM 3x10. 2 rounds of straddle swings on rings, baby pike swings on rings, baby pike support swings on PB, some floor HS (honestly I just don't feel like standing much). Ring supports aggravate left elbow still and right wrist is still sore but workable, sorta.

1 set of SLS on beam with leg hanging down. I can jump fine but walking isn't too comfortable though I can walk at normal gait. Same with bending over. Managed to do a deck squat with some effort but lower back is still tight.

Front lever pull puts lots of load on lower back so I skipped any more levers.

Wanted to do a metcon but what with? Still felt very winded and tired overall. Call tonight mobility work and call it done.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #192
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Dates were wrong. 9-6 was 9-5 and 9-7 was 9-6.

Skipped Monday, felt lethargic and needed rest.

9-8

Some HS work, some PB upper arm swings, some small swings on rings. Pistols not gonna happen.

6 rounds of 10s static holds:
tuck planche spotted on swiss ball(right wrist wouldn't take weight on parallettes)
1/2 lay back lever
open advanced tuck front lever

3x5 of:
HSPU on parallettes, head just below hands.
Inverted pullups/body curls.
Basket hang to German hang.

Attempted 65lb on shoulders SLS leg hanging down and got 3 negatives. 5 Ido Portal shrimp SLS. 4 heavy beam DL.

3x15s of ring support turned out
3 Y-HS freebalancing off wall
Looking back on it, I should've skipped the lower body work since I think that's what retarded my recovery on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Lesson learned.

No metcon on Wednesday. Perhaps upper body/midline work tonight. Would be ok to just skip again and recover.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #193
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

9-10

wrist didn't like floor work or PB work so I did A LOT of bar glide kips.

3 rounds of each:

3 L press to HS with bent arms, lower to shoulderstand and support connected

rest

3 pullup, pull through front lever to back lever, pull out, negative through front lever connected

rest

5 maltese pushups off knees

rest

1st round of rest was 2m, 2nd was 3, 3rd was 4. Really should've used 5 across the board or just done a ring series.

Low enough volume not to crush my recovery for today. May take day off and workout tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #194
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Spent weekend of 9-11>13 extremely lethargic which may have been body's way or staying low as I was pretty ill on Monday and Tuesday.

Did a 1.5hr workout on the 14th and was very ill on the 15th. Spent Wed and Thur recovering though I wanted to workout Wed bad. Began WU on Thur but had to teach adult class unexpectedly and just went home after that. Had wanted to do something low volume either day to get back into the swing of things.

9-18

Still a light workout fairly as intensity was low for lower body. Played with some HS on floor and it felt better than Monday when it had taken a lot of play on tumbl-trak before I could take it to FX and parallettes. Was a no-go on Monday for supporting PH/PB a few times but ok for brief periods tonight.

Warmed up with some wall HS balancing and jump press HS and ring support holds and a ring series of L press HS>BL>FL.

5 rounds of: (w/ 5m rest in between)

Attempted L press tuck planche on rings and it was laughable. Maybe shoulda tried a few more times.

L hold press to tuck planche for 5s. Opened up towards advanced tuck/flat back tuck planche somewhat. Felt really good but wrist was getting sore by 5th round. Felt great.

5s negative BL with 5s hold and pull out. First was a doozy but became easier. BL was a bit high I think till the last 2.

5s straight body FL to about 15+ degrees off vertical, hold for 5 and pull back and lower and hold for 3s.

Was gonna combo ring HS with MU but would have had to reset rings.

4 rounds of:

bent arm seated L MU with 1 ring turned out dip+1 bulgarian dip. Last 2 rounds had to seperate dips and MU with coming down. Started to tweak left elbow so gotta watch out.

3 rounds of:

10s ring HS rings parallel but not turned out yet.

5 SLS on each leg while standing on bar stool. Tough on last round as free leg started swinging as assist.

3 5s floor glute ham with assisted pushup and glute ham raise from floor. Ouch.

10s seated straddle-L hip flexor hold. right wrist weenied out while trying on chair.

10 single leg glute bridge with 10s hold at end. Interesting, felt something pop and loosen when doing it on my right leg and loved it since that is the funky leg. Can't wait to try this with weight.

60s knuckle pushup plank hold. Did it cause DanJohn said I should.

shoulder scarecrows and wall slides and 30s bridge with 15s head bridge

45s hip flexor lunge (back foot flexed increased hip flexor stretch) and 45s half front leg split stretch on both legs.

2-3m shoulder extension stretch.

1m or so pike and hamstring stretch.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #195
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

9-20 a ****load of bike riding 2x20mi, 4+ hours of heavy lifting and another 10 on my feet. Helluva day.

9-21

did a 90m gymnastics skill training session. wrist is pretty good on PH and PB. worked mostly swings before I ran out of gas.

a few hours later went back and worked bar kips and attempted a few standing backs. no legs and went to hands and knees (and face). tested SLS and depthy plyo jump and had notha.

4 sets, 10s

tuck planche/advanced tuck planche+4-5 pseudo planche pushups. 1st rest was real hard, next 2 weren't.

attempted single leg FL negatives and still out of scope if I want to go flat horizontal, ended with 10s adv tuck FL+5HLL

basket to back lever with no pull to straight. ouch. 3 CTB hollow PU. sucks doing BL at end but didn't show any noticeable increase in FL due to swap.

3 rounds of:

10s V-hold, 5 bent arm HSLL(then 5lb weighted HeSLL, then 5 straddleHSLL), 10s straddle hold

2 stretches of basket

stretching and done

Skipped Tuesday because of no damn good reason really.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #196
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

9-23

Modified Tabata Something Else 20-10 for 8 rounds. I had my boys do this with 4 and a friend do this with 8.

exercises were done in round robin fashion instead of too burnout. trying to prepare myself for FGB.

1. L hang to tucked Yewki. You're thinking WTF? Imagine going from an L-hang to K2E but doing a pullup as you do the K2E. I should have just done L pullups or yewkis (pullup to bent arm front lever).

8-5-3-3-3-3-3-2(failed on 1 attempt)

2. Reverse/Underhand grip pushups supposed to be pseudo planche pushup.

15-14-12-10-10-10-9-9

3. Block Jump @ 24"?

8-9-9-9-8-8-8-9

4. V-ups

1-10-9-9-8-8-7-7

total 36-89-68-73=266
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #197
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Saturday 9-26

FGBIV

****. I wanted at least 250 and figured I was good for it based on the conditions last time even with my training in the past month. I had thoughts of high 200s but it just wasn't gonna happen. I honestly shouldn't care but I do.

I missed probably about a half a dozen reps on the wallball. Upon WU, I knew I was hitting the target short way too inconsistently by about 6 inches. I modified my technique to push off my forefoot almost turning it into a jumpshot to get the extra height. That also makes it into more work come to think of it.

But really my performance was down across the board. Last time, I was rowing at least 10 calories per round and this town there was some rounds that were just barely making 5. I'm sure I wasn't pulling long enough but again it just wasn't there. Last the time the row was first too while the higher than standard box jump was used. And it was all after a CFT.

While I know I haven't been doing as much metcon as I was in the summer, especially because of injury or illness in the past month it still was disappointing. I loved the feeling of the suck and had to contend which just doing CF and giving up what I do immediately thereafter. It's still in my mind.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #198
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Moving to http://blairbob.wordpress.com/ wfs so far