CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
miguel flores

Profile:
I am currently on deployment onboard the USS Nimitz. Tough to find motivation here but there is little else to do to keep your mind off of being gone from everything you know! I didnt start logging my workouts until about a few days ago. I have no knowledge on how to lift weights so i try to stay away from most of those workouts. So here is what i have logged for now.

27 Jun- Rowing- 3sets of 500M 1:40.1 Average 1:36.7 Best
It was pretty much my first time rowing. I tried reading as much as possible on form and such. My and legs were pretty sore after.

JT-3:38.08 I didnt think it was going to be as difficult as it was. I havent done handstand pushups in a very long time!

28 Jun- 3miles on treadmill- 20:03 Started out at about a 7:15 pace then gradually picked it up. Felt good to run again. I can feel that my form isnt anywhere near what it should be but it is coming back.

Cindy-34 rounds. Completed first 10 in just under 5 minutes. shouldnt have done that. I need to pace myself a little better starting out.

29 Jun- Rowing 3sets of 500M 1:41.8 Avg

Ring workout- 3 sets of 12curls,10ring dips, 15Delt pulls, 10fallouts, 10 Tri ext., and 20ring pushups. with 1 minute rest in between each set

Night workout- Cardio workout- 5mile bike ride and 2 mile run. 5mile bike- 14:40- 2mile Run-11:08 Total time- 25:48 This has become one of my favorite night workout. Trying to work my way into competitive triathlon times.

30 Jun- Rowing 3sets of 500M 1:42.3 Avg
Angie- 14:10.27 I went backwards, so started with the squats which was the wrong idea because 100 pullups after 100 pushups wasnt the easiest thing!

1 Jul 2miles on treadmill- 13:32 Ran very relaxed just to warm myself up.
Ring workout- Same as last one.

2 Jul- Cardio workout again. 5mile Bike/ 2mile run Bike- 13:49 Run-11:31 Total-25:20 My legs felt like bricks pretty much the entire run but breathing was no problem. Gotta work on my biking endurance!

3 Jul- Murph- 22:27.61 total time 5:36 mile-11:10 for Cindy style-5:41 last mile
First mile was awesome! I did a 3 mile bike to warm up for this. Partitioning the workout Cindy style works for me. I felt very good completing set after set. the last mile though kind of kicked my . i was still catching my breath from the pullups, pushups and squats. I did it without a vest of course. i think i can possibly get near 20 flat if i had competition and no vest of course but yea!!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
miguel flores

Profile:
4 Jul 07

Duathlon- 12.1mile Bike 5k Run

35:30/Bike
17:33/Run
53:03/Total + 45 seconds transitioning time, so 53:48 I guess.

on the bike my legs felt like crap. Almost cramped up a couple of times. That was the first time I have ever biked more than 5 miles. The run felt really good, my legs felt fine but couldn’t move any faster. Breathing wise I was a little spent but wasn’t too bad!

So I guess for the first time ever attempting that it's a decent time. My 5k should be faster but i just had no energy to even begin with. I had duty yesterday and could only get about 3 hours of sleep last night. All in all I am cramping up a little even now but it felt really good to finish that workout!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
miguel flores

Profile:
Rest Day
Didn’t really have any time to get to the gym at all today! Too much bs went on. Got written up twice and ontop of that my foot has a cramp! Not sure if it is the bone or if it is a muscle! Sucks!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
miguel flores

Profile:
Today was kind of an easy day, i think i might have a stress fracture in my right foot. Gonna take the running easy for a couple of days.

3 sets of 500M Rowing- 1:41.8 Average

5 sets of Ring workout

A friend of mine shared some results from a sprint triathlon and by the times that i biked on the stationary bike and ran on the treadmill, i am pretty sure that once i return to the states i will be VERY competitive at that distance and maybe even competitive in an actual triathlon. no Ironman for me though, racing a half marathon is not in my blood! haha, maybe thats just because of my crazy cross country coach in highschool forced us to run way too much mileage!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
Carl Guidry

Profile:
Hey Miguel, welcome aboard...you're doing great....sounds like you're in pretty good shape already...doing rings and endurance...
I am new to this forum and only about a week into the Crossfit training...have been training in other arenas for years...the military, martial arts, weightlifting, sports,...
Don't be afraid to pick up a dumbbell and play around, even if you have no weight training...kettlebell swings or something...you can even start simple with bench press...start light and just try to be smooth with balance...then progressively add more weight...
Oh, and thanks for your service to our country!!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
miguel flores

Profile:
Hey Carl,
Thanks alot! I have tried getting into weights a couple of times but I just get discouraged when i dont feel like i have expended myself! A big problem here as well is that there isnt anyone really here to show me how to lift properly! Once i return home to San Diego I will begin to utilize more gym equipment since it will be available to me. Being here on the ship, the amount of people, and the little space, and the limited amount of equipment doesnt make it any easier!

8 Jul- Just a cardio in the morning. Bike-5 miles then a 2mile run immedietly after.
Bike-14:48
Run-11:31
Total time-26:29
I felt super tired on the bike. the run i just couldnt get a rythem going. i think i might have been a little dehydrated. I will do Mary tonight. i think i can maybe get 12-15 rounds. hopefully! haha
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
miguel flores

Profile:
So i woke up this morning to go and finish Mary, but low and behold, i cant even walk straight down the halls. The ship is rocking so badly right now its crazy! so I just did some more cardio since i couldnt even do 2 handstand pushups with the support of the wall!

Rowing-3 sets of 500 meters
1:41.8
1:41.6
1:39.6
Avg-1:41.0
The rest time between each set is the time i rowed. so if i row a 1:40 then i rest for 1:40.

Bike for 35 minutes- Kept it between 90-100 Rpms, mostly in the lower 90s. Anyone have any suggestions on what settings i should be using? i have the Level on 10 normally. Any suggestions!?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
miguel flores

Profile:
I finally got a chance to do Mary!! And i gotta say... she is not a favorite of mine. Not in a good way either! lol... I didnt really like how many pullups had to be done each set but hey, some new blisters and bigger calassis'. Makes for a good time.

2mile warm up 13:41

Mary- 13 Rounds, finished 10 pullups of set 14 but time ran out! My legs are killing me now. These stairs are not nice right now! The boat rocking like crazy did not make it any easier! I dont think i will be including this little lady in a normal routine!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #9
miguel flores

Profile:
I did the Tabata workout. I did subbed burpees for the squats because i couldnt remember what the excersise was supposed to be.
2mile warm up-13:35
Just relaxing trying to knock off the lactic acid. Legs are super sore!
Here is what I got...
SDL-9
Burpees-11
Pullups-5
Situps-14
Pushups-20
Total Score- 59
My legs are killing me. Mary from yesterday for some reason ripped my legs apart!! haha, think i might take tonight off and just hit it hard tomorrow. My hands are torn apart with new blisters and ripped calisis! LOVE IT!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
miguel flores

Profile:
so i had to help with an onload of supplies today. somewhere around 25 pallets of milk! insane amounts of lifting!! i am having back spasms as well. i will be taking tomorrow off! i dont know whats going on with my back!!! I have this problem with my ribs not expanding with my lungs, or at least that is what i was told before... its happening again and it is killing me!