CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-13-2015, 02:41 AM   #11
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Should I stick to 3 days on smolov instead of 4?

If the programming at that Olympic Lifting club is worth your money, your technique will get better and you will get stronger and your squat will go up regardless.

I'm currently FS on W and BS on M and Sa besides Pause BS on Th on a 5 day a week program. It's not even a really insane program though it is kicking my butt and is on a strength emphasis phase at the moment.

Enjoy your next few weeks doing whatever while the Open lasts or just go start at the WL club NOW. I've done 2 WOD's though I tend to do them late as I'm off schedule at the moment.

And while I enjoyed the first one, doing the second one yesterday just had me think it's kind of pointless doing them atm. I'm never really fresh to do them that well in the first place. They are not worth prioritizing more than my WL program and possibly screwing that all up for some ****s and giggles doing the WOD.

I did 15.2 after a short rest of just doing the warmups and 4 worksets per Sn and CJ that I were programmed (and were singles except 2 jerks@70%). I actually had taken a rest between SN and CJ.

Granted, that the pullup bar had some stupid smooth rubber grips that suck to kip on (that I can't just cut the rubber off) and the fact they attach to this double pulldown pulley system that interferes where I would naturally grip for BFK/CTB PU. ) kind of made it silly in the first place.

No idea how if I'm even going to be able to do the 3rd one because of setting up rings in the gym off tall pullup bars or if I can get past 7 in the first round since I haven't done MU in almost a year and a half.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
Nada Hassan

Profile:
Re: Should I stick to 3 days on smolov instead of 4?

Thanx everyone for the reply , the good thing is the weightlifting club I plan to go to apparently is joined with a crossfit box so they totally will understand what I should do exactly . I'll wait to ask them when I start