CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #151
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Mike, I'd love to have smoother liners on the J-Hooks. I like how there's no gaps on the prototype
Old 07-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #152
Andrew Maas

Profile:

I went to Get RX'd to outfit my home gym based off of word of mouth and these reviews. I ordered their Guillotine, bar, bumpers, KB, and several other items. The items were delivered relatively quick and I received regular e-mail updates. For the most part everything is great and I couldn't be happier. The guillotine doesn't move an inch when performing pull-ups, ring dips, dips with the extension bars, etc. The oly bar is one of the best bars I've used and no issues with the bumpers

The only "bad thing" was that the j-cups that came with the guillotine was that the paint was all chipped up and there were large cracks/splits in the metal. I called the company, quickly received a new order of j-cups only to find them chipped up again but functional, and finally received another set that are great and free of chips. I understand the equipment will get chipped with regular use but I prefer it to be by my use versus the distributor.

Overall, the equipment and the customer service offered by Davis and Harrison was great despite the j-cups, and I will continue to order equipment from them.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #153
Larry Larned

Profile:

Hey guys,
How noisy is the WOD Bar 4.0 when dropped? I'm in a home gym and "stealth workouts" are ideal. Can does it compare to the Ohio Bar as far as clangy-ness?
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #154
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Larned View Post
Hey guys,
How noisy is the WOD Bar 4.0 when dropped? I'm in a home gym and "stealth workouts" are ideal. Can does it compare to the Ohio Bar as far as clangy-ness?
Thanks!
We made a quick video for you of a Men's WOD Bar 4.0 being dropped from overhead with (2) 45 LB Bumpers:
http://youtu.be/HYLcYzRBhSY [WFS]

Just FYI: We just moved into a larger facility and haven't completed our showroom yet (where video was taken). So it does echo quite a bit in there right now. Still not too noisy in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #155
Sean Hang

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Larned View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks!
If you want a quiet bar you might as well spend a little more and get the premium bushing bar.