CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-29-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
jpm

Profile:  
I own both DD and mymaxtrainer KBs. I also have machine shop specials and PDA handles.

Bottom line: DD and Mymaxtrainer KBs are comparable in every manner. Mymaxtriner KBs are just as good as DD KBs and DD KBs are just as good as Mymaxtriner KBs. What else is there to say about a cast iron ball with a thick handle.

Innovations: The most interesting KB was the 20lber. It is about the same size as the 35lber, but it's hollow and the handle is smaller. My wife and kids love it!

Dave is also experimenting with various finishes. I like his powder coating idea. If it can be applied cost effectively, mymaxtrainer will have better KBs.

Customer service: Not an issue. Dave did not complain when I kept increasing my order. The only issue was whether the KBs would be available on the original pick up date. When I arrived at Dave's gym my KBs were loaded on a flat bed hand truck. We chatted for about an hour; I checked out my KBs and a few others that he had in his shop; and he helped me load the KBs into my car. He also gave me a T-shirt.

Dave is a good guy. My sense is that he is honest and trustworthy. If I had a problem with his KBs, I’m sure he would fix it.

At the end of the day, I saved about 45% vs DD, but spent about eight hours in the car. The tradeoff was worthwhile, as I learned a few things about S&C from Dave. Too bad I didn’t have an opportunity to meet Judoka. Next time I'll take up his offer and bring my keikogi.

JPM