CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
Vilan Natanzon

Profile:
MobilityWOD Battlestar Kit Reviews

I'm not finding a lot of independent reviews of http://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-battlestar

One or two youtube vids outside of MobilityWOD.

Who used the kit and how well does it compare with other rollers? Really worth the substantial price difference?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
Shawn M Wilson

Profile:
Re: MobilityWOD Battlestar Kit Reviews

I own one. I can do pretty much everything this does with a foam roller and a barbell on the rack (using the sleeve).

It was an impulse purchase a year ago and honestly I prefer my foam roller vs the big one because it really has a bite to it. Maybe I'm a wimp but it does really dig in on those muscles.

If I had it to do over I would save my $$ and just use my old foam roller and barbell.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Interesting design.

I've got foam rollers and The Stick. (wfs)

The Battle Star design looks to replace both products.

Kelly Starrett's camera guy needs to calm down a little on that product video. It's not a Michael Bay movie.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Michael Cook

Profile:

We've got a battlestar and foam rollers and the supernova in our gym. If you had to chose, I recommend the supernova over the battlestar. The supernova does things that you can't do with a lacrosse ball, but the battlestar is not much more effective than things you already probably have, like foam roller and a barbell.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cook View Post
We've got a battlestar and foam rollers and the supernova in our gym. If you had to chose, I recommend the supernova over the battlestar. The supernova does things that you can't do with a lacrosse ball, but the battlestar is not much more effective than things you already probably have, like foam roller and a barbell.
Yeah. I have almost all the MOBWOD trinkets. I use the Supernova and the 80mm Supernova the most
Old 07-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #6
Vilan Natanzon

Profile:

Is this praise for Supernova 120mm 1.0 or 2.0? Some Supernova reviews on Rogue's site say they liked 1.0 design more.

And I would expect more praise for the battlestar kit considering its price. Maybe the whole angle there it's more convenient because of the base.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #7
Brian Sadowski

Profile:

I have all the mwod products. My favorites are the gemini and the supernova. As for the battle star I use the small roller the most. It can really dig in on sore quads and hamstrings. I also use it on the lats. I dont have access to a barbell at home so the small battle star roller gets the job done for me. If i had to do it over again I would just get the craddle and the small roller. I have a Trigger Point roller that I use but I dont even use it that much with all the other gadgets I have accumulated. To be honest my best tool is a small bouncy ball which fits perfectly in between my spine and shoulder blade and also works well on the feet. In order of important to me with the mwod stuff is 1. Gemini 2. Super Nova 3. Floss 4. Battle Star 5. Novito.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #8
Vilan Natanzon

Profile:

Is it possible to change the spacing? By taking some wheels off and putting in spacers?

Sorinex trigger bar has different spacing and the same roller blade wheel idea. Some guys here balked at the price and made their own version with adjustable spacing.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=164792711 (wfs)
Old 10-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #9
Dylan Farr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sadowski View Post
I have all the mwod products. My favorites are the gemini and the supernova. As for the battle star I use the small roller the most. It can really dig in on sore quads and hamstrings. I also use it on the lats. I dont have access to a barbell at home so the small battle star roller gets the job done for me. If i had to do it over again I would just get the craddle and the small roller. I have a Trigger Point roller that I use but I dont even use it that much with all the other gadgets I have accumulated. To be honest my best tool is a small bouncy ball which fits perfectly in between my spine and shoulder blade and also works well on the feet. In order of important to me with the mwod stuff is 1. Gemini 2. Super Nova 3. Floss 4. Battle Star 5. Novito.
Same on the kit. Very good buy. The handles and cradle are bomber i bought the serrated roller and smaller. Worth the dough. Very intense to roll out on.