CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Gio Vendemia

Profile:
Looking for CF in State College, PA

I know theres people out there. Just trying to see how many.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
Michael Ruocco

Profile:
Re: Looking for CF in State College, PA

I'm in State College. Getting over knee surgery so I'm not doing full crossfit workouts yet.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
Doug Dillon

Profile:

It's official! I'm moving to the State College area in the next month or so. I'm def looking for partners and some workout space nearby. For three years I CFed in a globogym. Eight months ago a local affiliate finally opened up and the camaradie and sportsmanship pushed me to new intensity, so I won't go back to the globogym. I simply can't do it.

email me ggdillonATgmail.com
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

State College here. I'm currently doing CFSB and will be doing another 6 week cycle into late September. After that I'll be down for anyone who'd like to try some SEALFit stuff, swimming, and or CFE if any of you would like to do the same / similar stuff.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Ayn Toppin

Profile:

Hey there-

I just moved to State College within the last month and am looking for others to workout with. I've been Crossfitting for over a year at an affiliate and miss the group dynamic. I'm very dedicated to Crossfit, I even competed in the Rocky Mountain Regional Games. I'm currently working out at Victory Sports and Titan Fitness, I'm not a student so I couldn't go to the campus facility. I plan on doing my Level 1 Cert someday and have dreams of having a box in my basement but that may never materialize. Also, I'm hoping to get a group together to do Fight Gone Bad on Sept 26th. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Ron White

Profile:

Hey guys. I'm in Williamsport. If you guys are getting anything together before September 26th let me know. I'd totally come up for FGB but I'm doing a Grappling tourney that day.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
Michael Ruocco

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Toppin View Post
Hey there-

I just moved to State College within the last month and am looking for others to workout with. I've been Crossfitting for over a year at an affiliate and miss the group dynamic. I'm very dedicated to Crossfit, I even competed in the Rocky Mountain Regional Games. I'm currently working out at Victory Sports and Titan Fitness, I'm not a student so I couldn't go to the campus facility. I plan on doing my Level 1 Cert someday and have dreams of having a box in my basement but that may never materialize. Also, I'm hoping to get a group together to do Fight Gone Bad on Sept 26th. Let me know if you are interested.
Hey there!! State College here also. Been doing Cf workouts off and on and would love to get into it more. Where are you going to do the Fight Gone bad? Doubt I will be ready for that by then(work, knee injury) but would like to be involved.
How is the set up at Victory? Was thinking about going there when I first moved here.
Thanx
Mike
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
Ayn Toppin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ruocco View Post
Hey there!! State College here also. Been doing Cf workouts off and on and would love to get into it more. Where are you going to do the Fight Gone bad? Doubt I will be ready for that by then(work, knee injury) but would like to be involved.
How is the set up at Victory? Was thinking about going there when I first moved here.
Thanx
Mike

Hey Mike- I was thinking of doing FGB at Victory because they have a rowing machine. Victory is the best setup I've come across, they have everything but rings (I'm planning on buying a pair). They only have 16k and 20k KBs but are supposedly buying more. They are more of specialty gym that focuses on "functional" fitness so they have a lot of the stuff we use and they don't look at me like I'm crazy when I'm working out. They have the full Oly setup with plenty of bumpers and bars too. Titan Fitness is a no frills gym and super small, but they have rings, tires, slosh keg, sledgehammers and grappling stuff. the owner is really into Crossfit style fitness but doesn't have everything we need....yet Victory will let you try out the gym for free for a week or so, if you were ever interested I could meet up for a non-knee impact WOD one day.

Cheers- Ayn

F/30/5'8"/Fran 6:46 and shrinking
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
Michael Ruocco

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Toppin View Post
Hey Mike- I was thinking of doing FGB at Victory because they have a rowing machine. Victory is the best setup I've come across, they have everything but rings (I'm planning on buying a pair). They only have 16k and 20k KBs but are supposedly buying more. They are more of specialty gym that focuses on "functional" fitness so they have a lot of the stuff we use and they don't look at me like I'm crazy when I'm working out. They have the full Oly setup with plenty of bumpers and bars too. Titan Fitness is a no frills gym and super small, but they have rings, tires, slosh keg, sledgehammers and grappling stuff. the owner is really into Crossfit style fitness but doesn't have everything we need....yet Victory will let you try out the gym for free for a week or so, if you were ever interested I could meet up for a non-knee impact WOD one day.

Cheers- Ayn

F/30/5'8"/Fran 6:46 and shrinking
I was at Titan for a while doing jiu jitsu. Was a cool place Parking sucked!!! But the owner was cool.Would love t0o do a wod sometime next week. Do you workout in the day or nightime?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
Ayn Toppin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ruocco View Post
I was at Titan for a while doing jiu jitsu. Was a cool place Parking sucked!!! But the owner was cool.Would love t0o do a wod sometime next week. Do you workout in the day or nightime?
I usually workout around 2 or 3. My schedule is flexible so I could make either time work though. If you don't get a chance to stop into Victory before next week I can try to pick you up a free pass. Shoot me an email and we can set up a time.

Anyone else out there reading this, feel free to join us!