CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #21
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
sparkpeople is out, by the way...

Sparkpeople is taking up too much of my time so I'm not going to use it anymore. I type what I eat into Word on my PDA as the day progresses, so it's already there. Just edit and add some emphasis to separate it from all the commentary, and - huge time saver!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #22
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
Phone sync malfunction

...and now that I make that decision, my phone for some reason isn't uploading correctly! Grr.

Today's log tomorrow....
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
Brittany Warren

Profile:
Re: Kristie does 30 Days in "Paleo Lockdown"

Sounds like the dancing was a lot of fun! I haven't been downtown in ages...hopefully with my mom in town I can leave the baby with her and go out with my husband. :-)

Hope your hamstring starts to feel better. When will you know the results of the MRI?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Warren View Post
Sounds like the dancing was a lot of fun! I haven't been downtown in ages...hopefully with my mom in town I can leave the baby with her and go out with my husband. :-)
Oh we had a blast!! Felt pretty crappy the next day (surprisingly not as crappy as I thought I would...), but I think worth it. I really needed to de-stress and it totally did the trick! Then, Sunday, it was back to reality...and working on my taxes. Ugh.

I just realized you live in Savannah. I grew up in Atlanta, and I have never been to Savannah. I have always wanted to visit, especially after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (I'm sure you hear that a lot, lol).

Quote:
Hope your hamstring starts to feel better. When will you know the results of the MRI?

The hamstring keeps improving so long as I don't try to run even a step with the POSE method! Tried to do another very short POSE demo today and flared it up again. Then did a test to see if heel-to-toe running was OK (eh) and compared it to how POSE felt (ouch).

On the positive side, got the MRI results today; they were negative. The doc says I am free to suck it up and push through the pain! Thanks for asking!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #25
Brittany Warren

Profile:

I needed to destress too...you have to do that sort of thing every now and again.

I'm actually from DC -- just stationed here in Savannah for the time being. I'm going back to DC in August. Savannah is pretty great though -- it's a TOUCH too small for my tastes (the shopping isn't great for example) but it's really beautiful. Especially now -- the trees are gorgeous with all the spanish moss hanging from them.

And it's great that the MRI was clean, but I'm really sorry you're still having to fight through the pain. Have you tried massage or heat pads or any of those things?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #26
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:

Quote:
And it's great that the MRI was clean, but I'm really sorry you're still having to fight through the pain. Have you tried massage or heat pads or any of those things?
Yep, I've been getting weekly massages for about 6 months now. I've tried just heat, just ice, alternating heat and ice, ultrasound, foam roller myofascial release, static and PNF stretching, soaking regularly in a hot bath, taking a month off of deadlifts and running (twice).

My new plan is to take one full week off from all activity. Had a massage today and this was the first time that I felt that I got some relief from it. My MT said that this was the first time all the surrounding superfical muscles weren't so inflammed that she couldn't get to the problem area. So I'm taking a (planned) week off starting today, getting another massage a week from today, then back on the WOD schedule a week from tomorrow. We shall see!!

On a positive note, since I stopped using the POSE method (I would get some practice in and use it in just a short sprint across the room to grab my stopwatch, or to grab a drink of water, transitioning between exercises, etc), I've noticed an improvement!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #27
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
behind on logs...

So my phone wasn't syncing properly so I couldn't upload my logs, and I finally got that fixed. Then today and yesterday I left both my laptop charging cord and my phone transfer cord at work so I have a dead laptop and a few days worth's of logs trapped on my phone. So I thought I'd use a different phone's transfer cord...no dice. Grrrr.

I've been keeping my detailed logs as usually just haven't been able to upload them. I really don't want to take the time to re-type them, so hopefully I can get them uploaded tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
allergies...

I had food allergy testing today and learned that unbeknownst to me, I am allergic to:

shrimp
crab
lobster
salmon
and, strangely,
tea

In case you haven't noticed, I freaking live in FLORIDA. I would live off seafood - crab legs, shrimp and crawfish specifically - if I didn't have a tendency to binge on these items when I eat them.

And salmon??? Seriously? That's like the go-to fish dish at any chain restaurant. Hmpf.

I told the allergy nurse that obviously I didn't have an "anaphylaxis-type allergy" to them because I've never had a problem with consuming these items. And I can tear up an all-you-can-eat crab legs special!!! Her reply was that I could at anytime. The next time, or maybe not for 2 years, but anytime, I could go into anaphylaxis if I consume these items.

I choose to remain in denial.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 AM   #29
Brittany Warren

Profile:

Oh, dude...that is HORRIBLE. I'm a shellfish fanatic myself, so I totally feel for you.

Well, tilapia is fabulous too. As is sea bass. At least the next time you're at a fantastic seafood place, you can totally chow down on some amazing chilean sea bass. Silver linings, Kristie, silver linings.

So about this POSE method -- I thought the whole point of the method was to decrease injuries by increasing our biomechanical efficiency when running? That's slightly ironic that it hurts you more than the old way! How's the week off going? Are you taking some time to relax?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #30
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:

Quote:
Oh, dude...that is HORRIBLE. I'm a shellfish fanatic myself, so I totally feel for you.
Some guys bring their wives flowers "just because." My husband cooks me crab legs. I am not kidding. =D

Quote:
Well, tilapia is fabulous too. As is sea bass. At least the next time you're at a fantastic seafood place, you can totally chow down on some amazing chilean sea bass. Silver linings, Kristie, silver linings.
Mmm...Chilean sea bass... They actually sell this at the seafood market downtown. Maybe my husband can pick that up when he wants to treat me. 'Cause if he brings me crab legs, I'll feel compelled to check our life insurance payouts, lol!

Quote:
So about this POSE method -- I thought the whole point of the method was to decrease injuries by increasing our biomechanical efficiency when running? That's slightly ironic that it hurts you more than the old way! How's the week off going? Are you taking some time to relax?
Oh, it totally is, and it totally works! My run times were amazingly faster! It's aggravating a previous injury, my best guess is from a deadlift PR attempt, followed by going heavier than usual on 2 deadlift-containing hero WODs within a week awhile back. Stupid.