CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
John D. Burch

Profile:
The Next CrossFit LA BIZ Seminar - April/May

Hey Everyone,

We've opened the next CFLA BIZ Seminar - Raise Your Game! event here in Los Angeles. It will be April 30th and May 1st, that's Thursday and Friday.

To learn more about our program click this SAFE FOR WORK LINK http://www.petranekfitness.com/cms/i...The_Biz/index/

On the left side of the blog is a button, BIZ SYSTEM OUTLINE, click that and enjoy.

To register call 310.260.9550 and ask for Jennifer or email her at jennifer@crossfitla.com

If you have any questions please email her since we do not check this post daily.

Best,
John, Andy & the entire CFLA Team
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
John D. Burch

Profile:
Re: The Next CrossFit LA BIZ Seminar - April/May

Just wanted people to see what a Mark Reinke from chicago said in response to our seminar feedback form.

This email is presented in it's entirety.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: CFLA BIZ Seminar (in Austin) - Feedback Form
To: Jennifer Shoskes <jennifer@crossfitla.com>

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Jennifer Shoskes <jennifer@crossfitla.com> wrote:
Hi!

We appreciate you attending the BIZ seminar in Austin on Feb. 5th and 6th - we hope you found it useful and insightful. Below, you'll find a feedback form. Please take a few minutes to offer any feedback. We welcome any thoughts, comments, suggestions that you'd like to share.

1) What was your biggest take-away/breakthrough from the seminar?

Realizing that for the value in the services that we provide, we currently do it for almost free. Building upon our established value, and implementing a system that promotes sustainability is what is our box needs!

2) Were there any areas that seemed unclear or need further explanation? If so, please explain.

Nothing seemed unclear at this point. Beginning the second week of the transition. May have questions in a future week with regards to what was put out.

3) What do you think about the schedule for the 2 days? Is there anything you would change?

Seemed to be at a good pace. There was so much info passed out, that my head was swimming for a few days after, so I needed to take 2 days to regroup and digest all the presentations.

4) How was the speed of the seminar? Did it feel too rushed? Just the right amount of information covered? Not enough information covered?

I suppose it was a bit rushed, but I still understood what was being put out. Very well organized two days on your guy's part.

5) Was there anything you were hoping to get out of the seminar that we did not cover?

Nope. Happy at this point!

6) What do you think about the presentation materials? The slideshow, booklets and video? Were they clear? Did they help your comprehension of the program and the system? Is there anything about them that you would change?

Presentation materials were great! Referencing them every day! The Hit the Ground Running portion has been extremely helpful. I seem to also catch something new in Andy's intro session video every time I watch it.

7) Any additional comments.

Great job on getting this going! Was well worth the trip and the price tag. I feel I have more focus in the operations part of my business now, and actually have a sense of where things are headed! Will highly recommend to anyone who asks.

Thank You,
Jennifer
--
Jennifer Shoskes
Petranek Fitness, Inc., CrossFit Los Angeles
1453 14th Street, Unit C
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-260-9550
www.crossfitla.com
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
John D. Burch

Profile:

Due to how quickly this is filling I need to stress to everyone there is a seat limit of 30 affiliates. Currently there are only 10 spots left and due to the games we haven't picked the next seminar date.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
John D. Burch

Profile:

Just a shout out to Rudy in Crossfit Chicago for a nice 33% growth in business since he attended our December Seminar.

Last edited by John D. Burch; 03-12-2009 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Tish Traster

Profile:

John-

Just wanted to thank you for the wealth of information I have gathered just from your posts on the message boards.

Tish
Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
John D. Burch

Profile:

Hey Trish,

Thanks for the support!

Have you jumped on one of the conference calls we do on Tuesdays?

John
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
John D. Burch

Profile:

There are only 5 seats left. I post this because several more than 5 affiliates have contacted us to reserve those seats. If you haven't called us yet you may have to wait until the end of the year to get into another one of our seminars.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
John D. Burch

Profile:

This seminar has sold out.