CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
Todd Crawford

Profile:
Re: Warrior Dash Southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maurice View Post
Recommendations for those running in the future, if you have any bit of speed, start at the front of the line. MANY recreational runners that will slow you down.
2nd - especially in the forrest area - I got behind a group of 8 walkers....chatting it up, having a good time. Like they were on a liesurely walk in the park - wouldn't budge. I said "excuse me" at least 5 times - finally just plowed through and they look at me, like I'm the one being rude.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
William Hunter

Profile:

I was in the Sunday 1pm heat. The advice to start fast is spot on. We were told this prior to the our heat and pushed our way as close to the starting line as we could. Even so, there was a lot of jockeying over the first 1/2 mi or so because the running lane was narrow. By the time I got to the obstacles the crowd had thinned which made things a lot easier. There were a ton of non-runners clogging things up in the back of the pack.

I'm glad I had just enough hops left for the fire jump. I felt some heat.

As stated earlier, it def wasn't 3.22 miles. My fastest 5k on a flat paved course is just over 22, and I finished in 21:23 with bloody knees and about 5 pounds of mud in my shorts. I also had 3 strong margarita's on the ride up which was just one of my many lapses in judgement that day. Luckily there was plenty of post race beer to settle my stomach.

Overall a great event. Well run, and everyone was into it. It amazes me how this race has created such a cult following so quickly!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Scott Moore.

Profile:

Did anyone else think that the website map was a bit deceptive? To me it looked like all the obsticles were towards the end of the race.

I was in the 3pm saturday heat. Not posting my time as it was horrible but I still enjoyed the race. I agree that it was very well organized and well run.

Direct Quote

Me: "That was horrible, that was brutal..."
Friend: "You gonna do it next year?"
Me: "F*#$ YEAH!"
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36
Old 06-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Michael Maurice

Profile:

What was missing was the jump from dock-to-dock in the water. Of course at first glance that obstacle seems ripe for disaster.

My guess would be they negotiated the site (somewhere between the Carolinas and Atlanta for the biggest draw). Maybe walked it off in the cold of winter. Arrived to set it up and said, hmmm, not quite what we were thinking.