CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:
Schofield Barracks, M-F @ 1145

I would like to get together a daily workshop at Martinez Gym from 1145-1245. It would be a traditional class structure, with a focus on devoping technique in the fundamentals, as well as skill work on Oly lifing, powerlifting and gymnastic techniques. Class format would probably have a daily skill transfer exercise, strength section(5x5, 3x3, etc.), and a short Metcon with a focus on high skill activities. Vicious grading of reps, so we are looking for as close to perfect form as we can get. I think the majority of the people that would show up would have already worked out at PT in the morning, so I don't see a need to get smoked again. This would be a great opportunity for the SMs who are doing the bulk of the heavy lifting concerning programming for their unit/squad/section to increase their knowledge base and work on coaching techniques.

I'm level 1, and fairly proficient at most CF exercises, but would like to work on my Oly lifting and strength. If you would like to participate/contribute, shoot me an email at aaron.cheateaux@us.army.mil or at aaron_cheateaux@yahoo.com (both WFS) and lets go get better. Let me know your experience level, where you are strongest/weakest. What you can help coach and what you would like to see worked on.

Aaron
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:
aaaaaaand we're off!

We officially start on Monday, 15MAR2010. We'll be doing classes, focused on skill development and buddy coaching M, W, F at 11:45. Any deviation from the above will be posted on the board and at warmachinefitness.blogspot.com Come get some.

Aaron
Old 03-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Adam Acosta

Profile:
Re: aaaaaaand we're off!

Are you ever planning to affiliate? I'm PCSing there next July and have already started thinking about where to train. I'll probably just build a proper garage gym. I've been waiting a while to get a place with a garage so I can do that.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:
Re: Schofield Barracks, M-F @ 1145

I have considered it, but I'm only here for another few months, and it's hit or miss when I'm actually on island. Jim Perry works for MWR and manages some of the programs. He was talking about building an affiliate, but I haven't seen any movement yet.

If you are going to build a garage gym, you will probably want to pick up any equipment you absolutely need prior to coming over. Pickens are slim and shipping is a mofo.

Aaron
Old 03-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Adam Acosta

Profile:

I'll try to do that. Luckily, I'm moving into an actual house in a couple of months, so I'll actually have a place to do this before I ship out.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:

Ignore my last (except for the getting your equipment prior. Shipping is no joke.) I just spoke to Mr. Perry, and it looks like we are pushing forward with a military affiliate on Schofield. Stayed tuned kiddos.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
Aaron Cheateaux

Profile:

And like that, we're legit. KeKoa CrossFit (Schofield Barracks) is now the newest military affiliate in the community. Free, open classes M, W, F @ 1145. Come and get some. kekoacrossfit.blogspot.com (wfs)

We could use all kinds of volunteers and coaches to build the program. If you can help out, let us know!

Aaron