CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #11
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: PETA Fail.

Go to whole foods and you can see a lot of fat and lazy vegetarians based on what's in their baskets sometimes.

Light, maybe. It requires muscle mass to weigh anything unless you just have layers of fat. I see a lot of weak skinny fat people there when I do go there ( typically with friends who are dragging me there ).
Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
Pat Amato

Profile:

With all the modern information regarding nutrition and exercise I still cannot fathom how many people equate "weighing less" with being healthier. Few things are as unattractive as the flaccid atrophying "beach bod" of a vegan.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
adam adkins

Profile:

The flaccid atrophying "beach bod" of a vegan snatching the beast:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	090129_mahler.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	4866  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

one of those fat, out of shape meat eaters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marius.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	4867  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #15
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Traster View Post
How offensive this bill board must be to overweight vegetarians! OMG..what were they thinking?
that's pretty funny
Old 08-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
adam adkins

Profile:

I am not a fan of PETA nor am I a vegan, but I love the sign. If it made the lady whining about how insensitive it was finally do something about her weight then I applaud the sign.

As for those complaining about PETA's endorsement of a vegan lifestyle, give me a break. Sure, being a vegan may not be the best way but there is no denying that a vegan diet is immensely healthier than that of the average American.

Also, i see nothing wrong with PETA's statement regarding dietary research. At no point does PETA claim that consuming meat has any causative relationship with anything. It says it is "directly linked" but that doesn't necessarily mean it is causative. It may be a fine line but nonetheless I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #17
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

"but there is no denying that a vegan diet is immensely healthier than that of the average American"

No it's not. Just like saying meat eating is healthier. A vegatarian diet with healthy choices is better then the average american diet, but you can eat vegatarian and still eat crap. Fries, cheese pizza, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, fried veggies, cookies, cake, donuts, pudding, pastries, bean burrittos, pita, bread, pasta, etc are all vegatarian (depending on the particular ingredients) and are all crap. Hell there is a vegatarian hot pocket.

Simply replacing a hot dog, processed deli meat, the meatballs in your stouffer's frozen dinner or getting veggie instead of pepporoni pizza doesn't it any healthier.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #18
adam adkins

Profile:

PETA said vegan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
"but there is no denying that a vegan diet is immensely healthier than that of the average American"

No it's not. Just like saying meat eating is healthier. A vegatarian diet with healthy choices is better then the average american diet, but you can eat vegatarian and still eat crap. Fries, cheese pizza(not vegan), grilled cheese(not vegan), mac and cheese(not vegan), fried veggies, cookies(likely not vegan), cake(likely not vegan), donuts, pudding(not vegan), pastries(likely not vegan), bean burrittos, pita, bread, pasta, etc are all vegatarian (depending on the particular ingredients) and are all crap. Hell there is a vegatarian hot pocket(not vegan).

Simply replacing a hot dog, processed deli meat, the meatballs in your stouffer's frozen dinner or getting veggie instead of pepporoni pizza doesn't it any healthier.
Sure it is still possible to eat all crap on a vegan diet, but it is unlikely.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #19
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

It's not whether or not you eat meat, it's the food choices. Poor food choices are poor food choices. If someone takes the effort to eat vegan, they will probably be more apt to make good food choices since they are making a conscious about what they eat. But then the difference isn't that they are eating vegan, it's the conscious effort.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
Shane Skowron

Profile:

I have absolutely no respect for an organization who provides both moral and financial support to groups on the FBI's terrorism list. None.