CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Justin Ritter

Profile:
Exclamation Mayhem - noun: random or deliberate violence or damage.

JR's WOD Results and random musings.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Justin Ritter

Profile:
Re: Mayhem - noun: random or deliberate violence or damage.

So I officially began Crossfitting on 01.15.2009. On that date I was 5'11" / 185#. Not much has changed since then, I'm still 5'11". The WOD on the 19th was Murph, but I knew I didn't have a shot at finishing since I have spent the last 2 months doing absolutely nothing. I modified the workout to be a half Murph:

1/2 Mile
50 pull-ups
100 push ups
150 squats
1/2 Mile

The running was done on a treadmill at 8 min mile pace and I cycled through the push/pull/squat as follows:
10 pull / 20 push / 30 squat
This was performed for 2 rounds and then I moved to:
5 pull / 10 push / 15 squat
This was performed for 6 rounds.
The last half mile was again at an 8 min mile pace.

My total time for the workout was 24:37.

Pull ups used to be able to knock out pull ups all day long, but over the past year or so I have begun to struggle with them for some reason...maybe it's because I don't do them very often.

Last edited by Justin Ritter : 01-23-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: type-o
Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Justin Ritter

Profile:

Actual WOD Date: 01.16.2009
Scaled to the pack workout

10 GHD situps
10 Hip & Back Ext
20 x 65# Thruster (16,4)
30 Pull ups (5,6,6,7,6)

20 GHD situps
20 HBE
12 Thruster
20 Pull ups (6,6,6,2)

30 GHD situps
30 HBE
10 Thruster
15 Pull ups (6,6,3)

Total time was 22:00. The pull ups were definitely the hardest part of the exercise and I had a little trouble with my shoulder / arm flexibility on the thrusters. Overall it wasn't too bad but I definitely will have issues with weak grip...soon.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Justin Ritter

Profile:

Actual WOD date: 01.18.2009
Hang Clean

Weights were as follows:

I could have (and should have) gone heavier with the cleans, but it had been quite a while since I had done any heavy cleans, so I eased into them. No issues to speak of.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Justin Ritter

Profile:

Actual WOD date: 01.20.09
Mr. Joshua

5 rounds for time of:
400m run
GHD situp x 30
Deadlift 225 x 15

I scaled the deadlift back from 250 to 225 I guess because I am a pansy.

Total time was 30:32. I didn't catch my splits because my stupid watch is, well stupid. I was pretty pleased with my time in comparison to all of the others posted on the site; although there are always those people who simply crush you.

Last edited by Justin Ritter : 01-23-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammatical errors.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Justin Ritter

Profile:

WOD Date: 01.21.2009

For time:
15 Handstand push-ups (10,5)
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups (5,4)
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups (5,5,1)
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups (5,5,3)
1 Handstand push-up (did 5)
15 L Pull-ups (7,5,3)

Total time 12:53.

I had to hook my toes on a bar to do the HSPU's, although I did do the first 15 without hooking my feet. After that I was blasted and couldn't do any more without cheating on the bar. My form on the L sit ups was pretty lousy also. I couldn't get perfectly parallel with the ground but I kept my legs as high and straight as possible. My abs were screaming at me after all the core work from Mr. Joshua the day before. I did about 5 or 6 bent knee pull ups somewhere in the middle. My time was also a little slower due to having to set up a bar to hook my toes on between the first and second sets.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Justin Ritter

Profile:

WOD Date: 01.22.2009

Five rounds for time of:
45 pound plate Overhead walking lunges, 50 feet
21 Burpees

Splits were as follows:
1 - 2:23
2 - 4:20
3 - 4:47
4 - 4:55
5 - 3:33
Total damage was 20:09

My wife joined me for this workout and finished at 26:51 using a 20# barbell for the lunges. I was really proud of the way she powered through the last set of lunges and burpees. About 20 min after the workout she was on such an endorphin rush it was almost like she was drunk. Good stuff.

So is it normal for your ears to feel like you've been flying in an airplane after you finish the WOD? Maybe it's just me.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
Justin Ritter

Profile:

WOD Date: 01.23.2009

As Rx'd

Total Time: 24 Hrs

Took the opportunity last night to visit the Rock Bottom Brewery and the wife and I treated ourselves to a couple of Maltnomah Porters and a Terminal Stout Espresso Beer Float. For those of you who have never experienced the pure bliss that is the beer float, yes it is beer and ice cream. This one was especially enjoyable. I've always used vanilla ice cream and some kind of porter, but the waitress at Rock Bottom suggested using a stout (it's flatter and has less foam) with Starbuck's java chip ice cream. When I tasted the delectable concotion I almost asked the waitress to marry me, but I was with my wife so I didn't think that would go over very well.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
Justin Ritter

Profile:

Slept in to about 10am and went to the grocery store to get some goods to make brunch. I made it through the crowd of fat people in their pajamas and came back to see the most wonderful sight that a man could ever hope to see...his wife cooking. Shondra had grated up some potatoes and then she diced up some green and red bell peppers, onion, garlic, and a jalapeno. She sauteed them in olive oil while I cooked up some low fat breakfast sausage. After the sausage was done I added some whole milk and whole wheat flour to make some mean gravy. When all that junk was cooked up I fried up three eggs over easy. So the final concoction ended up being:

Pepper and onion hash browns, topped with sausage gravy, topped with Tilamook sharp cheddar cheese, topped with eggs over easy. Coffee and oj on the side.

I'm estimating somewhere between 1800 and 2000 calories and I loved every bite of it. I need the fuel to push big loads on the WOD. By big loads I mean hopefully more than a junior high girl can push.

The X Games are on tv and it's nice to see some riders starting to represent the Flow bindings. They've got the convenience of a step in with the function of a strap binding...plus you don't spend half of your day sitting in the snow trying to get your bindings situated after every single ride up the lift. Straps suck.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Robert Whipple

Profile:

Justin-

Loved the title of your log. Welcome.

Looks like you've got a pretty good base to work from given the times and workouts you've posted. . . and yes, I think it is common to get that feeling like you've been in an airplane after a good WOD. It sometimes takes me 20 min to get my ears to pop.

I've never tried a "real beer float" before, but sounds like the Rock Bottom Brewery is a pretty cool place to try one out. I'll have to give that a go sometime.

Also, glad to see you've got a partner in your workouts. . .and one that can cook too!!! You are blessed.